1. #1 Hate speech from Alan Grayson? 
    link

I have to admit that I'[m not one that thinks that the Republicans need to or should change what they say, how they speak or the words they use - in other words - to be "more " civil. The fact is that all the yelling that the left is doing about violent words, inciting violence, toning words down and being civil is simply another way for them to try to silence their opposition.

They can't stand it that Republicans won in the mid terms and things look good for them in 2012 as well.

They will demand that conservatives change, but they have no intention of changing. Here's one more indication:

Control-Z Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-14-11 08:20 PM
    Original message
    Hate speech from Alan Grayson?

I keep hearing that Alan Grayson was as bad as the right. His and the president's (for "gun to a knife fight" comment) are the only names I've heard as examples when they insist we are as bad as they are - that both sides use the same dangerous rhetoric.

So, what did Alan Grayson say? I don't remember. I thought he was one of our best reps ever and I loved his rants. I can't imagine forgetting had he actually said something distasteful and threatening.
    They claim that conservatives are "violent" and out of bounds simply because they disagree with liberals - butthen the definition changes if they are talking about liberals. They will only agree that a liberal is using violent words, is threatening or is out of bounds if they make a verbal, pointed threat - which they claim they NEVER do.
    Lint Head Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 08:22 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. I have heard nothing he has said that was not good for this country.

I'm sure there are others on DU that disagree.
    Control-Z Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 08:31 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    9. So I didn't miss anything?

Edited on Fri Jan-14-11 08:36 PM by Control-Z
    I didn't think so. They're using a strong statement of truth made by Grayson and trying to spin it. That's all they've got. And yet they will continue to defend their behavior and insist ours is as bad.

It really is amazing how much our party, as a whole, practices respectful behavior.

Edit: for clarity
    malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 08:23 PM
    4. Grayson never used hate speech

He described his opponent as a member of the Taliban.
    I guess that's not hate speech unless it is a conservative saying it about a Democrat.
    Ineeda Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 08:23 PM
    6. Blunt speech is not the same as hate speech. n/t
    yoyossarian (612 posts)
    19. The Right just LOVES making shit up.

Makes me SOOO mad... here's an excerpt from one of my other postings on the whole false equivalency nightmare:

Anthony Weiner, Alan Grayson and Dennis Kucinich are EXCELLENT examples. They NEVER use violent rhetoric, preferring always to think before they speak. They have all three at times shown themselves to be fiercely aggressive advocates for Democratic ideals, but in the best sense and meaning of such words. They are always controlled and careful and diplomatic in their public arguments and media appearances; they rarely say anything stupid, and never anything that could be construed as fomenting fear and anger amidst the general populace. They are aware that as our representatives they have a responsibility to speak in ways that quell riots rather than starting them.

The difference here is like night and day.

These, btw, are verifiable facts I'm speaking about here; we have video and audio evidence in abundance showing that this false equivalency is an absolutely insane denial of the actual problem.
    robcon (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 09:52 PM
    20. I'm amazed that Grayson still gets support on DU.

He's an outrageous liar, as his campaign ad showed so clearly.
    BeFree Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 10:09 PM
    Response to Reply #20
    21. ??????

That wasn't even funny. I know you had to be joking.

Maybe you are projecting? That's it isn't it? You are just projecting yourself up, out and away?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    malaise Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-14-11 08:23 PM
    4. Grayson never used hate speech

He described his opponent as a member of the Taliban.
    Yikes, that's about as clueless as I've ever seen the Jamaican Queen!!! :eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!

I guess these idiots missed the Quinnipiac poll that said that Democratic rhetoric was worse then GOP rhetoric: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1548
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I guess these idiots missed the Quinnipiac poll that said that Democratic rhetoric was worse then GOP rhetoric: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1548
    Who cares what a bunch of eskimos think?

Banned
    Pray tell my children but what group were filmed carrying automatic weapons at a political rally, was it Democrats? No, I believe it was that segment of the GOP (middle-aged, white, fat, religious zealots, pro-daeth penalty, anti-immigrant, war loving, anti-national health insurance, under taxed) that formed the TEA Bag Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Pray tell my children but what group were filmed carrying automatic weapons at a political rally, was it Democrats? No, I believe it was that segment of the GOP (middle-aged, white, fat, religious zealots, pro-daeth penalty, anti-immigrant, war loving, anti-national health insurance, under taxed) that formed the TEA Bag Party.
    Proof? Context?

Come on, you're not even trying to play the game
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    The man who was photographed with his weapon at the political rally was not fat, though for the life of me I can't imagine how you would think it's acceptable or relevant to mention his body shape. I would add, that your criticism applies to an inordinate percentage of black people worldwide, especially black people who are genetically given to obesity and specifc shapes of obesity while being well known for being overwhelmingly Democratic, liberal, or communist.

And you will note, that unlike the pro-illegal immigration rallies, and the anti-WTO rallies, and the "Justice for Oscar Grant" rallies, and the various other rallies which I would label fringe but which the right wingers would label "liberal"- there was no crime being committed at the tea party gatherings.

Point?............................................ .........................................Yuck Missed it AGAIN!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand