Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    And that was a lack of nuance you showed in your assumption. I thought libs were all about nuance.
    But I'll show you how I did it, and turned out to be right: I kept my knee in place and actually read both quotes instead of engaging in stereotyping "male,conservative=hates women". Simple, no?

~QC
    Super! I'm not working from that assumption either... I was working directly from the phrase that was typed. Dude was free to clarify, and now he did.

And perhaps, now that you're done lecturing on stereotyping, you can work on practicing what you preach.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Super! I'm not working from that assumption either... I was working directly from the phrase that was typed. Dude was free to clarify, and now he did.

And perhaps, now that you're done lecturing on stereotyping, you can work on practicing what you preach.
    I worked from NJCardfan's quote, which is what he was quoting. You probably didn't read it, did you, since you worked "directly" (which seems to mean ONLY in this case) from the phrase that was typed. Bad move, sweetheart.

Hey, when it comes to you, I don't preach, I occasionally toss a pearl before swine. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    I worked from NJCardfan's quote, which is what he was quoting. You probably didn't read it, did you, since you worked "directly" (which seems to mean ONLY in this case) from the phrase that was typed. Bad move, sweetheart.
    Ugh... yes, read that too... I'm not sure why you think it made a difference, it didn't.

Hey, when it comes to you, I don't preach, I occasionally toss a pearl before swine. :p
    Is THAT what you think? Hah.

Ugh... yes, read that too... I'm not sure why you think it made a difference, it didn't.

Is THAT what you think? Hah.

Obviously it did, wilbur...Anyhow, nice try, thanks for playing... fruit basket on the way out and all that jazz. :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    Obviously it did, wilbur...
    Girl, seriously.... just stop. Think. NJCFan provided the context for the "why", in "this is why feminism fucked America over".... that didnt rescue it from absurdity... it's exactly what made it absurd.... and its what drove me to make my comment.

Anyhow, nice try, thanks for playing... fruit basket on the way out and all that jazz. :D

~QC
    Can't wait to see what kind of hole you'll willingly throw yourself into next, as a result of your enthusiasm for "sticking it to Wilbur" :) Should be fun, see ya there!
    Last edited by wilbur; 04-14-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Girl, seriously.... just stop. Think. NJCFan provided the context for the "why", in "this is why feminism fucked America over".... that didnt rescue it from absurdity... it's exactly what made it absurd.... and its what drove me to make my comment.

Can't wait to see what kind of hole you'll willingly throw yourself into next, as a result of your enthusiasm for "sticking it to Wilbur" :) Should be fun, see ya there!
    Um... you threw yourself into the hole by assuming stuff that wasn't in either statement. The young man clarified and corrected you. You're changing the topic and moving the goalposts by just saying it's absurd because you can't prove either statement was advocating discrimination against women and denying female suffrage, which is what your original statement charged.

And I'm a little old to be called girl.

~QC

Banned
    Um... you threw yourself into the hole by assuming stuff that wasn't in either statement.
    And that is where you're sorely mistaken... I didn't assume he, or anyone else here, hate women. I suspected that our new friend either misspoke, or had some sorely profound misconceptions about feminism and the overall good it (yes good - despite some bad) that it did for women.

So sorry my dear, you really need to check what assumptions YOU are bringing to the table here.... cuz its all you.

The young man clarified and corrected you. You're changing the topic and moving the goalposts by just saying it's absurd because you can't prove either statement was advocating discrimination against women and denying female suffrage, which is what your original statement charged.
    ~QC
    Bored now. All these meta arguments that blabber on about what was said and who thought what, and avoid actual tangible issues, get really old, really quick - unfortunately, you seem to be taking after Odysseus in that respect in that you'd rather tell me about how wrong I am about the contents of my own mind, then actually debate a real issue... oh joy!

Anyhow, last word for you if you want it! Have fun!
    Last edited by wilbur; 04-14-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Suspicion, you say? Based on what? Neither statement endorsed the loss of suffrage or discrimination against women, which were the accusations leveled in your original response. If those were your suspicions, why didn't you say so when you first made the statement? When you dig something up like that it's disingenuous and it plays into further assumptions on you.

Bad liberal, no fair-trade latte. :P

~QC