Thread: Father of Our Country Boxed Away

1. #1 Father of Our Country Boxed Away 

Remember when a symbol representing the name of Jesus Christ had to be covered so that Comrade Obama could speak at Catholic Georgetown? Something similar happened yesterday during the MLK festivities. Via Free North Carolina:

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence.

It would be nice to think that MLK Day is all about striving toward a colorblind society. In reality, it is political correctness day, which means it represents the opposite. If the dream were about people being judged by the content of their character, would they blot out the one person in our national history whose character was beyond reproach?

The real dream appears to be to tear down America, and replace it with a race-based society in which the "victims" always get to be on top, regardless of merit, based on the color of their skin. Progress has been made. Is anyone clueless enough to think Barack Obama would be in office if both his parents had been white?

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...-of-our-c.html
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

Remember when a symbol representing the name of Jesus Christ had to be covered so that Comrade Obama could speak at Catholic Georgetown? Something similar happened yesterday during the MLK festivities. Via Free North Carolina:

The annual MLK observance at the state house in Columbia SC had an interesting twist this year. The event is held on the north side steps of the statehouse. Prominent at that location is a large bronze statue of George Washington. This year, the NAACP constructed a "box" to conceal the Father of His Country from view so that participants would not be offended by his presence.

It would be nice to think that MLK Day is all about striving toward a colorblind society. In reality, it is political correctness day, which means it represents the opposite. If the dream were about people being judged by the content of their character, would they blot out the one person in our national history whose character was beyond reproach?

The real dream appears to be to tear down America, and replace it with a race-based society in which the "victims" always get to be on top, regardless of merit, based on the color of their skin. Progress has been made. Is anyone clueless enough to think Barack Obama would be in office if both his parents had been white?

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/...-of-our-c.html
    Without knowing anything else about this, I'm going to call Bullshit on this one.

It's not that I think the NAACP wouldn't do something stupid or disrespectful, but my first thought on seeing this is that a statue of George Washington is usually at the pulpit of the place in which it has been placed. Thus, if one were going to have a rally or give a speech in that same place, especially if it's to honor another dead person whose image you plan to display, the one might conceal Washington's statue to create a backdrop.

Now I"ll go read the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Without knowing anything else about this, I'm going to call Bullshit on this one.

It's not that I think the NAACP wouldn't do something stupid or disrespectful, but my first thought on seeing this is that a statue of George Washington is usually at the pulpit of the place in which it has been placed. Thus, if one were going to have a rally or give a speech in that same place, especially if it's to honor another dead person whose image you plan to display, the one might conceal Washington's statue to create a backdrop.

Now I"ll go read the articles.
    Perhaps you should have done that first.

Might have saved you a retraction later.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Perhaps you should have done that first.

Might have saved you a retraction later.
    Well, the fun is in applying logic first, and then seeing if logic applies. Anyone can call the winner at the finish line..

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Well, the fun is in applying logic first, and then seeing if logic applies. Anyone can call the winner at the finish line..
    Well,where's the Mea culpa ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Don't hold your breath. As for boxing in Washington, I guess they wouldn't think it's cool to have a statue of one of those white slave holders.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Don't hold your breath. As for boxing in Washington, I guess they wouldn't think it's cool to have a statue of one of those white slave holders.
    I looked around and only saw reposts of the same article. The NAACP hasn't responded yet, from what I can gather. So a "mea culpa" on my part would be premature.

And if I held a meeting and asked that a statue of MLK be covered?

This is madness. :mad:

I looked around and only saw reposts of the same article. The NAACP hasn't responded yet, from what I can gather. So a "mea culpa" on my part would be premature.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

George Washington said,"“I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of it [slavery].”
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ashington.html

But this position is lost on many who only see the portions of him they wish to see, and they wish to see only the portions of him that suite their purpose.
    George Washington did not invent slavery. It existed in English speaking cultures for hundreds of years before he was born.
    Why do those who portray men like Washington as such bigots not endear themselves instead to men like John Adams, who never owned a slave?
    Ans: Because their knowledge of history does not provide them with this information.