Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Newt says Palin should slow down and think about what she's saying 
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011...slow-down.html

GOOD. GRIEF. I think he's lost all his sense.

I quit noticing Newt in the mid 90s like most Americans.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

She's popular in spite of what the media tells us. Newt knows this. he's got to destroy her for his own political survival if he wants to run. he's a goner cause he sure isn't endearing himself to me or anyone i know.

Fabulous Poster
    I can't believe he said she is a lame brained lot lizard.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    As much as I still like Newt, I think the "Old Guard" GOPers are a bit scared by the "New Guard" GOPers like Palin and Marco Rubio, who are far more charismatic and look good on TV. I know that looking good on TV should'nt be a qualifier, but let's be honest; Image matters. It goes all the way back to when Kennedy trounced Nixon in their televised debate. I wasn't around then, but I've read that in that debate Nixon won on substance, but since he was sick at the time(flu I think) he came off looking sweaty & pale.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    As much as I still like Newt, I think the "Old Guard" GOPers are a bit scared by the "New Guard" GOPers like Palin and Marco Rubio, who are far more charismatic and look good on TV. I know that looking good on TV should'nt be a qualifier, but let's be honest; Image matters. It goes all the way back to when Kennedy trounced Nixon in their televised debate. I wasn't around then, but I've read that in that debate Nixon won on substance, but since he was sick at the time(flu I think) he came off looking sweaty & pale.
    Nixon always looked sweaty and pale. His own vanity/insecurity beat him there, because he refused to wear makeup to go on camera; he considered it "un-manly" or whatever. (remember, this was the very first televised Presidential debate, indeed the first televised Presidential anything, and Nixon's advisors had no clue how to deal with a television audience). Kennedy had no such reservations whatsoever and happily got into stage makeup before the debate.

As to whether Nixon won on substance, I'd say that's, well ... debatable. His presentation sucked and he came off as unsure of himself and fumbling for answers. Combine that with a sweaty upper lip, less-than-stellar physical features (particularly next to JFK), and an appearance of being "shifty-eyed" (Nixon wasn't comfortable looking directly into a camera lens, instead trying to make eye contact with everyone in the studio like one would do on stage), and it was a recipe for disaster for Nixon.

Image does indeed matter.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    She's popular in spite of what the media tells us. Newt knows this. he's got to destroy her for his own political survival if he wants to run. he's a goner cause he sure isn't endearing himself to me or anyone i know.
    I don't think Newt is going to run. There was a reason he stepped down as speaker, and the media remembers it well, as does everyone else in the GOP who wants the job.

Sarah is popular with her people, but she's not all that popular with swing voters. That's whose votes she needs to win the general election.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I can't believe he said she is a lame brained lot lizard.
    The description fits you better. The community organizer is a close second.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Why he thinks he's relevant is beyond me. he had his time in the sun, fucked it up and now thinks he deserves another chance as a RINO? give me a break

Captain Jones tells me i am going to vote for the republican regardless. I tell him No i won't. Not anymore.