Thread: Mom Brag Moment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Mom Brag Moment 
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,427
    "Tender, maternal" Shannon is the scariest side of you I have seen yet. :eek:
    Congratulations on the child's accomplishments. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Tender, maternal" Shannon is the scariest side of you I have seen yet. :eek:
    Congratulations on the child's accomplishments. :)
    She'll be slapping him around and denying him snakes by this afternoon. These moods pass very quickly.

    Congratulations for raising a good kid! :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    She'll be slapping him around and denying him snakes by this afternoon. These moods pass very quickly.

    Congratulations for raising a good kid! :D
    I was going to reply something along those lines but mine involved wire hangers.:D

    Thanks guys. I know I've done a good job so far but sometimes he still just astounds me. At one point the presenter said " And again, Tristan...":D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!
    You forgot the part where it was a little bit embarrassing having his name called up to the stage again and again...and I was the one sneaking up as close to the stage as I could to take pictures...I felt the eyes of the other parents glaring at me...in jealousy...or was it my imagination? :p

    Naw, good for him, really! Proud of the kid and hopefully he does just as well as a middle schooler...I'm sure he will...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    BSR
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!


    Oh I see. NOW its Tristian.... All the other times its "The Brat" with you.. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Oh I see. NOW its Tristian.... All the other times its "The Brat" with you.. :D
    He goes by both names, dude...they're interchangeable! :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    noonwitch
    Guest
    Does Tristan go to middle school in the fall, then? Middle school can be a hard transition, but you seem like the kind of mom who has ensured her kid is thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by obnoxious peers.

    Congrats on raising such a good kid!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Goldwater
    Guest
    Conservatism works!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Does Tristan go to middle school in the fall, then? Middle school can be a hard transition, but you seem like the kind of mom who has ensured her kid is thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by obnoxious peers.

    Congrats on raising such a good kid!
    Yep, middle school in the fall. Hopefully the transition won't be too difficult. I think he'll struggle a little bit but pull himself together enough to realize if he gets poor grades he'll be grounded, no computer and/or phone time...no computer/phone will be enough to turn him around, for sure! :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •