Thread: Mom Brag Moment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Mom Brag Moment 
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    "Tender, maternal" Shannon is the scariest side of you I have seen yet. :eek:
    Congratulations on the child's accomplishments. :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Tender, maternal" Shannon is the scariest side of you I have seen yet. :eek:
    Congratulations on the child's accomplishments. :)
    She'll be slapping him around and denying him snakes by this afternoon. These moods pass very quickly.

Congratulations for raising a good kid! :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    She'll be slapping him around and denying him snakes by this afternoon. These moods pass very quickly.

Congratulations for raising a good kid! :D
    I was going to reply something along those lines but mine involved wire hangers.:D

Thanks guys. I know I've done a good job so far but sometimes he still just astounds me. At one point the presenter said " And again, Tristan...":D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Again.:D I spent the morning at the 5th grade awards ceremony at Tristan's school. I have officially run out of space for his trophies. He took home more awards than any other kid. My favorite is the one that reads "Tristan...President". I like the sound of that.:D I'm so proud of that little brat!
    You forgot the part where it was a little bit embarrassing having his name called up to the stage again and again...and I was the one sneaking up as close to the stage as I could to take pictures...I felt the eyes of the other parents glaring at me...in jealousy...or was it my imagination? :p

Naw, good for him, really! Proud of the kid and hopefully he does just as well as a middle schooler...I'm sure he will...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Oh I see. NOW its Tristian.... All the other times its "The Brat" with you.. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Oh I see. NOW its Tristian.... All the other times its "The Brat" with you.. :D
    He goes by both names, dude...they're interchangeable! :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

noonwitch
    Does Tristan go to middle school in the fall, then? Middle school can be a hard transition, but you seem like the kind of mom who has ensured her kid is thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by obnoxious peers.

Congrats on raising such a good kid!

Goldwater
    Conservatism works!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Does Tristan go to middle school in the fall, then? Middle school can be a hard transition, but you seem like the kind of mom who has ensured her kid is thick-skinned enough not to be bothered by obnoxious peers.

Congrats on raising such a good kid!
    Yep, middle school in the fall. Hopefully the transition won't be too difficult. I think he'll struggle a little bit but pull himself together enough to realize if he gets poor grades he'll be grounded, no computer and/or phone time...no computer/phone will be enough to turn him around, for sure! :D