Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Should NPR's Daisy Hernandez Be Fired? 
    First, the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvl1P...eature=related

I mean, wow. Can you imagine O'Reilly or Hannity or Rush, after the Beltway Sniper's were caught would have said, "I'm glad the shooters were black" and expressed "white relief"? But that's one aspect of her little rant. To use the word "gringo"? Gringo means foreigner, for starters. But it's also used as a term of contempt by Latinos about white people. Now, remember, NPR is partially paid for by our tax dollars. Not to mention that Juan Williams was fired for saying far, far less. However, no word from NPR if Ms. Hernandez will be reprimanded. Basically, once again, there are rules for whites, and an entirely different set of rules for minorities. The double standard is alive and well.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    First, the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvl1P...eature=related

I mean, wow. Can you imagine O'Reilly or Hannity or Rush, after the Beltway Sniper's were caught would have said, "I'm glad the shooters were black" and expressed "white relief"? But that's one aspect of her little rant. To use the word "gringo"? Gringo means foreigner, for starters. But it's also used as a term of contempt by Latinos about white people. Now, remember, NPR is partially paid for by our tax dollars. Not to mention that Juan Williams was fired for saying far, far less. However, no word from NPR if Ms. Hernandez will be reprimanded. Basically, once again, there are rules for whites, and an entirely different set of rules for minorities. The double standard is alive and well.

No, she shouldn't be fired for what she said.

She should be publicly humiliated.

Banned
    If they can send Juan Williams packing for what he said. She should go for what could be seen as far more racial and insensitive comments.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If they can send Juan Williams packing for what he said. She should go for what could be seen as far more racial and insensitive comments.
    Itís safe to say there was a collective sigh of brown relief when the Tucson killer turned out to be a gringo.

I have no doubt that there was this "brown relief". The funny thing about the "gringo" part is that according to "Ask A Mexican" , Mexicans don't call Anglos that word.

http://www.ocweekly.com/2006-06-08/w...ican-glossary/

Gabacho: A gringo. But Mexicans don't call gringos gringos. Only gringos call gringos gringos. Mexicans call gringos "gabachos."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Itís safe to say there was a collective sigh of brown relief when the Tucson killer turned out to be a gringo.

I have no doubt that there was this "brown relief". The funny thing about the "gringo" part is that according to "Ask A Mexican" , Mexicans don't call Anglos that word.

Gabacho: A gringo. But Mexicans don't call gringos gringos. Only gringos call gringos gringos. Mexicans call gringos "gabachos."
    Yes they do. While both words are used alot, "gringo" is used more. "Guero" is also used commonly when referring to whites, though it is also used to describe light skinned, blonde Mexicans.

Definitions of gringo on the Web:

ēa Latin American (disparaging) term for foreigners (especially Americans and Englishmen)
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Definitions of gringo on the Web:

ēa Latin American (disparaging) term for foreigners (especially Americans and Englishmen)
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    Which means Ms. Hernandez is probably one of these La Raza type idiots who claim that we are the invaders or foreigners. Sometimes all you have to do is listen to hear.

Banned
    Sad she's so hateful, she's pretty and she's got a cute voice.

No, she shouldn't be fired for what she said.

She should be publicly humiliated.
    You can't humiliate a celebrity. They don't grasp the concept of shame. The only thing that they understand is being fired.
    Brown relief sounds like a diarhea cure.

As tasteless and ultimately bigoted as her comments are (and they are), she's small potatos. I want to see Olbermann and Krugman taken to task for their libelous smears of conservatives. Krugman is supposed to be an economist, but his columns appear to be the rants of an unhinged mind, and Olbermann is a sportscaster who lacks any insights into politics except for the occasional sound byte that he picks up from his fellow talking heads at the MSNBC water cooler. But, if we're going for outright lies and hate, it's hard to top the Washington Post's Jeff Danziger:

Fortunately, Red Planet Cartoons has a rebuttal:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You forgot to mention Cohen who, on television, called a former governor stupid. But what doesn't make Ms. Hernandez small potatoes is that she is given a forum on a tax funded media outlet. The excuse for firing Williams was because his comments were "inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR." So, I take it a commentator saying she was glad the shooter turned out to be white is consistent with their editorial standards? And it's not like she said this on MSNBC or some other outlet. She said this on the same network she is employed by. By NPR not commenting at all speaks volumes and exemplifies why they need to be defended by the federal government yesterday. They are clearly a left wing media outlet with double standard as a policy. I found Hernandez's comments extremely bigoted which is the stone cold truth. As I said, imagine had Hannity or Rush had "breathed a sigh of white relief" upon finding out the Beltway shooters were black. It would take decades for conservative talk radio to wipe that off the map. As for Hernandez herself, she is a typical leftist minority: race first, all others a distant 2nd.