Thread: Look who has a new cause

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    A eleven year old murderer is no less dangerous to society than a two score and eleven year old murderer is to society but most folks wouldn't give a lethal injection to a eleven year old...

You need mens rea for a criminal conviction...You need to prove not only that a crime was committed but that the person who committed the crime knew he committed one...If somone was truly retarded I don't know if they can form criminal content...Anecdotally, I had two close friends with retarded brothers...Their grasp on reality was tenuous at best...
    An eleven year old has a hell of a lot better chance at rehabilitation than a full grown man, too. That is your difference. Look, I feel for anyone who's in that condition but fact is this man has a history of shit like this. Retarded or not, he should never be released back into society and I just don't believe in providing for convicts for the duration of their natural lives.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    I am in favor of the death penalty, but I do not think it is too much to ask that the criminal understand what crime he committed or understand the punishment he faces.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I am in favor of the death penalty, but I do not think it is too much to ask that the criminal understand what crime he committed or understand the punishment he faces.
    So, they have a better understanding of what they did if they're locked in a cage for life?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    No, it means we don't kill someone who doesn't know what that is or why it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    An eleven year old has a hell of a lot better chance at rehabilitation than a full grown man, too. That is your difference. Look, I feel for anyone who's in that condition but fact is this man has a history of shit like this. Retarded or not, he should never be released back into society and I just don't believe in providing for convicts for the duration of their natural lives.
    I wasn't really talking about the guy who became the DUmmy's pen pal or whatever ...I don't know if he is really retarded and really guilty..."Everybody" in the slammer says they are innocent... Most aren't, of course, the problem is a few of them are...

I'd have to know a lot more about it... I'm just saying if someone is truly insane or retarded and they commit a criminal act, society deserves to be protected...But it wouldn't be fair to treat them as if they knew what they were doing...I will give you an example of how "out of it" my friend's retarded brother is...We must have been fourteen or fifteen years old, playing baseball in some field...I was running the bases, barefoot, and must have stepped on a branch with so much force tha it t broke the skin severely...The bottom of my foot was bleeding bad, and there was dirt in the wound...I was scared it would become infected or even gangrenous...He thought it was funny... I don't think somebody that "out of it" knows the consequences of killing somebody...

But there are different degrees of retardation...

Quote Originally Posted by everyman68;37997[B
    But there are different degrees of retardation... [/B]
    And we sse all of them at the DUmp.:D

From UndergroundPanther(severe) to OMC.(Little to none.)

I am not a real pro death penalty person but it sounds like this guy is throwing every excuse at the courts:

In November, a federal appeals court rejected claims he was mentally retarded and ineligible for the death penalty, that his legal help earlier had been ineffective, that the Texas sentencing statute was unconstitutional and that he was innocent of the murder.
    Why was he out???

Evidence at his trial showed he pawned his stepmother's wedding ring and wrote fraudulent checks from the account of the family trucking business in Fort Worth. When Gertie Perkins showed up missing, police summoned to her home found a carpet removed, a phone cord disconnected and sheets missing from a bed.
    (doesn't sound too retarded)
    He became a suspect after detectives learned of his previous convictions in Ohio for rape and attempted rape and that he had been a suspect in two killings in Cleveland in the 1980s. When arrested, he directed his father and police to the body.

Perkins also acknowledged the slaying to a fellow inmate while awaiting trial and said his motive was robbery.

At the punishment phase of his trial, jurors heard testimony that he pleaded guilty to rape and attempted rape of two 12-year-old girls in 1982 and that he had been implicated in the strangulation of two women. One of them was the mother of the girl he raped. The other was the sister of his ex-wife.

In 1986, he had been paroled from Ohio after receiving a life prison term for the rape conviction. He was returned from parole eight years later but released again in February 2000. His stepmother's murder occurred 10 months later.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No, it means we don't kill someone who doesn't know what that is or why it's happening.
    My Spidey Senses tell me that if we start executing EVERYONE who is a danger to society, there will be a lot less "retarded" people in jail.

I don't really care if someone is mildly retarded or majorly retarded, once they kill it's time to get rid of them.

10. #20 Go 
    She always says they are retarded. There was one a while ago she was trying to save and she said "THEY TOLD HIM" he was something or other, so he thought he was. She has used this stuff before. And their pasts are always made up. I klnow she writes to them,but I think she starts them on a path leading them they really did not do it.Or that they could get away with it. I cant go look in her past posts to find how many she has tried to save.
    ________
    Cancer - lung forums
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-18-2011 at 06:33 AM.