Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And the Sox and Rox are gone as well aren't they? I think the White Sox are in Florida now.
    Rockies are in the same facility as the D-backs in Scottsdale. The White Sox play in Phoenix too.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

That's a shame because TEP(if it's still named that) is a nice facility.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Baseball is a great game but it's losing it's charm. Baseball used to be the game where a family of 4 could go see a major league sport without breaking the bank. I know, at least in Philly, 4 of the cheapest tickets are close to $100. Then there's the $20 for parking and if you want to eat, I hope you brought a fat wallet. I used to love going to the park to see a game but with people growing increasingly ignorant in public, I tend to not go anymore. And there's no more player loyalty. I remember in the 70's, I used to love to keep score(had my own scorebook) and I used to be able to give you the Phillies lineup before the game began because it didn't change except for the day's pitcher. Not like that anymore.
    Tickets at a major league park, parking and snacks really add up.

My favorite Ballpark used to be the old Wolfson Park in Jacksonville Florida. The (Jax) Expo's played there, now it's the Suns. Cheap tickets were available. Beer, soft drinks, hots dogs, etc. weren't that bad. And it was a pretty ballpark.

I'm gonna check out the Gwinnett County Braves. They are the AAA Braves affiliate. It's been a while since I've been to a minor league game but the quality of baseball is good and the prices aren't (or at least weren't) that bad.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Baseball is a great game but it's losing it's charm. Baseball used to be the game where a family of 4 could go see a major league sport without breaking the bank. I know, at least in Philly, 4 of the cheapest tickets are close to $100. Then there's the $20 for parking and if you want to eat, I hope you brought a fat wallet. I used to love going to the park to see a game but with people growing increasingly ignorant in public, I tend to not go anymore. And there's no more player loyalty. I remember in the 70's, I used to love to keep score(had my own scorebook) and I used to be able to give you the Phillies lineup before the game began because it didn't change except for the day's pitcher. Not like that anymore.
    Wow, everything on the East coast is higher. I just looked up some sample ticket pricing for the 2011 STL Cards season. I couldn't find the individual priced tickets, but here's the price of a package deal-----food, drinks and ticket to game. It's definitely a better deal at about $92. I think the cheapest non-package tickets are about $20, maybe lower.

There are benefits to living in "flyover country".

AMENITIES

Tickets sold individually, BOA Club can accommodate up to 250 A 2 ½ hour all-you-can-eat buffet that includes hot dogs, bratwurst, two additional entrees, salad, pasta station, nachos, cookies and brownies Budweiser, Bud Light, Bud Select, Wine* Beer service will begin one-and-a-half hours prior to scheduled game time and be available through the middle of the 8th inning* Coca-Cola products & O'Doul's (available throughout the game) Closed-circuit televisions Private restrooms Buffet will begin one hour prior to scheduled game time
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Wow, everything on the East coast is higher. I just looked up some sample ticket pricing for the 2011 STL Cards season. I couldn't find the individual priced tickets, but here's the price of a package deal-----food, drinks and ticket to game. It's definitely a better deal at about $92. I think the cheapest non-package tickets are about $20, maybe lower.

There are benefits to living in "flyover country".
    I'm Bi-Coastal as long as you consider the Chattahoochee River ofi be one of the coasts. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Here's what's great about baseball. Variety. Aside from the Yankees run, you basically have someone different winning the World Series. Since 2000, you've had 9 different teams win the World Series(Yanks, D-Backs, Angels, Red Sox, Marlins, White Sox, Phillies, Cardinals, and Giants). Compare that with the NBA where in the last 30 years, only 8 different teams have won the NBA title compared to 19 different MLB teams have won in that same time period.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.