1. #1 Silver May Decline 20% as Coin Sales Signal `Crowd' 
    Silver prices may retreat as much as 20 percent this year as soaring demand for physical metal signals a “crowded” trade, said Barry James, the chief executive officer of James Investment Research Inc.

Sales of 1-ounce American Eagle silver coins have totaled 4,588,000 in January, heading for a record, according to data from the U.S. Mint. Silver futures in New York rallied 84 percent last year, climbing to a 30-year high of $31.275 an ounce on Jan. 3, as investors sought a haven against financial turmoil.

“The coin sales are an indication of the level of interest in silver,” said James, who oversees $2.4 billion in Xenia, Ohio. “It’s too popular. When the crowd discovers a good deal, it’s usually long over.” ...
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-analysis.html

Banned
    Silver has lost over 10% in the last few weeks and is around $27 per ounce today. If it gets in the low 20's, it might be a good time to buy. Palladium is the best metal's buy in my opinion. Up 90% last year and has held it's own this year.

Usually when there is a great deal of buying, the price goes up rather than down. The opposite is true when there is a great deal of selling. It would not surprise me that there are some heavy hitters manipulating the silver market such as JP Morgan who may or may not have a large short position in silver which would effect price.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Silver has lost over 10% in the last few weeks and is around $27 per ounce today. If it gets in the low 20's, it might be a good time to buy.
    I plan to buy a load if it drops in the low 20's. With the way the dollar is going, I want to get some spare cash into this as a hedge.

If Gold will drop below 1,200....I plan to do the same.

Probably never see $700 gold again.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I plan to buy a load if it drops in the low 20's. With the way the dollar is going, I want to get some spare cash into this as a hedge.

Same here cause Helicopter Ben is going to crush the dollar. I quit buying gold when it got to 1k and silver around 18. Although both have dropped, Platinum and Palladium have risen modestly this year. I think they are a better investment. Palladium up 90% in 2010. Silver 80% and Gold 30%. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

If silver does drop back into the low $20's again the physical market will maintain high premiums (several dollars over spot per oz) for a while just like back in 2008 after silver made its first attempt @$20 and then plunged. It took several months for things to level off before sanity returned.

We could go through this scenario again...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    If silver does drop back into the low $20's again the physical market will maintain high premiums (several dollars over spot per oz) for a while just like back in 2008 after silver made its first attempt @$20 and then plunged. It took several months for things to level off before sanity returned.

We could go through this scenario again...
    I don't look for it to drop more than another 2 to 4 dollars. No way, it will drop from $27.53 to $20.00. This is just a correction; however, there are a lot of pundits that are bearish on gold and silver.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I don't look for it to drop more than another 2 to 4 dollars. No way, it will drop from $27.53 to $20.00. This is just a correction; however, there are a lot of pundits that are bearish on gold and silver.
    Beware of silver's volatility... I lost count of the number of times I saw people on gold and silver internet forums claim "That's it, we'll never see $15 silver again..." We saw $15 silver over and over and over again more times than I can count. Remember, it wasn't that long ago (September I think) when silver couldn't hold anything above $20.