Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 'Gay lessons' in maths, geography and science 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Children are to be taught about homosexuality in maths, geography and science lessons as part of a Government-backed drive to "celebrate the gay community".

Lesson plans have been drawn up for pupils as young as four, in a scheme funded with a £35,000 grant from an education quango, the Training and Development Agency for Schools.

The initiative will be officially launched next month at the start of "LGBT History Month" Ė an initiative to encourage teaching about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual issues.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...d-science.html

Fabulous Poster
    Who knew that maths was plural and that there was such a word as "quango"? See, I learned something today.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Who knew that maths was plural and that there was such a word as "quango"? See, I learned something today.
    They may not know how to spell, find their country on a map or multiply, but they know what a butt plug is.
    I got nuthin

Banned
    No you did not because you are stupid.

Maths is the term for mathematics in the UK

Math is the term for it in the US.

Understand butt-hole.

Noun 1. quango - a quasi nongovernmental organization; an organization that is financed by the government yet acts independently of the government http://www.thefreedictionary.com/quango
    Does being ignorant come natural or do you have to work at it?
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

I'm willing to be they'll ignore common sense, easy to work in stuff like... "One of the modern pioneers of computing was a Gay man, Alan Turing. He helped formalize algorythms, and his Turing Machine was a fore-runner to the modern computer." See? I just did it! No politicking- just keeping it relevant to the subject.

But any good this does will get lost in the weeds. Education seems to teach everything but common sense. I hate this story, I'm facepalming at the reaction, I'm facepalming on the reaction to the reaction...

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I'm willing to be they'll ignore common sense, easy to work in stuff like... "One of the modern pioneers of computing was a Gay man, Alan Turing. He helped formalize algorythms, and his Turing Machine was a fore-runner to the modern computer." See? I just did it! No politicking- just keeping it relevant to the subject.

But any good this does will get lost in the weeds. Education seems to teach everything but common sense. I hate this story, I'm facepalming at the reaction, I'm facepalming on the reaction to the reaction...

~QC
    Even that (Turing's sexuality) is completely irrelevant to the core subject of math(s). It is more relevant to studies of society or history.

I learned about Turing at school, but I didn't find out about his private life inclinations until later on in adult life. It wasn't deemed by my teachers to be important to the lesson, and I'd have to agree with them on that.

Certainly, highjacking lessons for four and five year olds to sneak in a GBLT(?sp) meme is just wrong. I didn't even know where babies come from when I was that age. There is no need to (and there is, in fact, every need NOT to) introduce any aspect of adult sexuality to children in this age group.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

8. #8 E=mc2 
    E=MC2 (and einstein preferred large breats to small ones however if the large ones sagged than the preference was to firmer smaller ones). A2 = B2 = C2 (was possibly proved by Pythagoras. Pythagoras really preferred the beauty of a nice round butt as opposed to realizing the beauty of a breast. It has yet to be determined if he preferred to insert anything into said butt or if he really should be credited with the discovery of this theorem but at least we can be sure that he was an ass man.) Babylonian mathmeticians probably were responsible for discovering the theorem but we are not sure of their sexual preferences as a group. we do know of one of the babylonian mathmeticians who really preferred long shapely legs. Z \s/ > /s/ is the Cantor theorem. Cantor gave essentially this proof in a paper published in 1891 ‹ber eine elementare Frage der Mannigfaltigkeitslehre. Russell later proved the same in Principles of Mathematics (1903, section 348), where he shows that that there are more propositional functions than objects. However the function of objects he seemed more concerned with were having to do with erectile dysfunction. It wasn't until the discovery of the basic computer by alan turing that we can be sure of a great mathmetician who preferred the beauty of an ass over anything else. of great concern to the genius' in the british government was presenting his work while also making sure the children being taught in their schools knew that it was the ass of the same sex and that indeed he liked having something stuck up his. they are still trying to confirm if he also enjoyed sticking his in someone else'. when questioned by a BBC reporter, a gov't official stated that "we will get to the 'bottom' of this because it is such an intregal part of the story.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

Does being ignorant come natural or do you have to work at it?
    I try to limit myself to one stupid buzzword per year. Quango escaped my attention, which isn't surprising considering that when it was coined I was more concerned with mastering the skateboard than arguing with other idiots about politics.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They may not know how to spell, find their country on a map or multiply, but they know what a butt plug is.
    That's true, and using people who aren't WASP in readers detracts from learning to read in favor of tap dancing and watermelon.