1. #1 Most/least expensive auto insurance rates 
    Are you driving a car on the most expensive or least expensive to insure chart? I always say that I want a car with good gas mileage (I know that I digress). SR says if you can afford a really expensive car, you don't worry about the mileage. I guess he'd say that applies to auto insurance, too. My problem is I'm thrifty and don't like to waste money at the gas pump or with the insurance company.

http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/...re-insure.aspx

Which new cars cost more to insure?

If you're car shopping, don't forget the price of premiums. When it comes to insurance rates, exciting is expensive, while staid is cheap.

Related topics: cars, insurance rates, car models, auto insurance, save money
    You're bound to turn heads behind the wheel of the 604-horsepower Mercedes SL65 AMG, a sleek, two-door convertible with a 6-liter, V12 turbocharged engine. Step on the gas and you can accelerate from zero to 60 miles per hour in 4.2 seconds and to 120 mph in just 12.8 seconds. Be warned, though: According to insurance company data, you're more likely to crash that beauty than a less-powerful vehicle.
    Meet the most expensive vehicle to insure for 2011, according to Insure.com's annual list. The average annual national premium for the powerful Mercedes SL65 AMG roadster is $3,543.81 -- and that's for a good driver who hasn't racked up any speeding tickets or previous insurance claims.

Of course, if the SL65's $198,750 suggested retail price is within reach, maybe you don't worry much about saving money on car insurance premiums. But if you're a more typical driver, your auto insurance rate should be a consideration when shopping for a car. After all, why hunt down the best deal on a vehicle only to discover it carries exorbitant insurance costs?
    What drives auto insurance quotes sky-high?

"Any vehicle that would cause a teenage boy to stop and gawk would likely cost a pretty penny to insure," says Russ Rader, a spokesperson for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's Highway Loss Data Institute. "Many of the vehicles at the top of the list cost as much as a small house to buy, and that means they're costly to fix.

The BMW 750i, the No. 2 most expensive vehicle to insure -- a luxury sedan with a 400-horsepower, V8 engine -- is packed with high-end components. Those goodies include a navigation system that responds to voice commands, a two-way tilt power moon roof and a 10-speaker sound system. Repairing just one of those features after a crash could cost a small fortune.
    A vehicle's premiums for collision and comprehensive coverage are largely determined by that vehicle's "loss history," reflecting the frequency and severity of claims other drivers have typically filed for that model. Cars chosen for flash and speed -- and even mundane cars typically chosen by young, experienced drivers -- pile up claims and thus garner higher insurance rates.

snip----go to lnk to get charts of the lowest and most expensive
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Definitely something to think about before a purchase. Especially since Household 6 is wanting either a Grand Cherokee or a BMW X3.

Even overseas though the insurance on my '95 320i is pretty affordable.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Looks like they left off the Bugatti veyron sports car. With a price tag of $2 million, it is the most expensive car to insure. This baby has over 1000hp with a top speed of 270mph and go from 0-60 in 2.7 seconds. If you can afford one, insurance rates are the least of your worries.

My Nissan 350Z insurance rates are higher than a Corvette.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 01-24-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Definitely something to think about before a purchase. Especially since Household 6 is wanting either a Grand Cherokee or a BMW X3.

Even overseas though the insurance on my '95 320i is pretty affordable.
    I think the X3 is probably a good choice. I've heard too many people talk about bad luck with the X5.

Our little 07 3 series wagon is a lot of fun to drive. We can haul 3 greyhounds or pretty much stuff in the rear, yet it still handles like a sportscar. The insurance isn't bad, either.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"