Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Chicago car salesman fired for wearing Packers tie 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    A car salesman in suburban Chicago has been fired for refusing to remove a Green Bay Packers tie that he wore to work the day after the Packers beat the Chicago Bears to advance to the Super Bowl.

John Stone says he wore the Packers tie to work Monday at Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn to honor his late grandmother, who was a big Green Bay fan.

The sentimental gesture did not impress his boss, Jerry Roberts.

Roberts says the dealership has done promotions involving the Bears and he was afraid the tie could alienate the team's fans and make it harder to sell cars.

Roberts adds that Stone was offered five chances to take off the tie but he refused.

LINK
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Well, no one in Detroit gets fired for wearing a Packers' tie instead of a Lions' tie, but I wouldn't wear an Colorado Avalanche jersey into any of our local sports bars.

hare-brained... both sides
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I smell a Lawsuit.

I understand the reason why the owner would want him to take it off, but unless it is against company policy and has been stated in the past, they don't have much of a defense :D

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Well, no one in Detroit gets fired for wearing a Packers' tie instead of a Lions' tie, but I wouldn't wear an Colorado Avalanche jersey into any of our local sports bars.
    Just like why I don't wear a Wings jersey when they come to St. Louis.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    guys on 96.1 out of Holland were talking about the Wings and their rivalries...according to them they don't really have one....none of the Detroit teams do (except maybe the Tigers). They were saying that other teams have rivalries with the Wings, but it doesn't go both ways...

Whatever, GO PACK!! :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I smell a Lawsuit.

I understand the reason why the owner would want him to take it off, but unless it is against company policy and has been stated in the past, they don't have much of a defense :D
    Illinois is an at-will state. Additionally, the automotive group spends somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k/month to advertise on the Bears' flagship radio station.

Dumb-ass should have just taken off the tie.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Just like why I don't wear a Wings jersey when they come to St. Louis.
    I used to wear my Cardinals jersey at Eagles games. Nothing happened to me. However, wear a Giants or Cowboys jersey and you're asking for trouble. At Flyers games, no one really cares.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    guys on 96.1 out of Holland were talking about the Wings and their rivalries...according to them they don't really have one....none of the Detroit teams do (except maybe the Tigers). They were saying that other teams have rivalries with the Wings, but it doesn't go both ways...

Whatever, GO PACK!! :D

The league tries to make rivalries between Detroit and Nashville, or Detroit and Columbus. It doesn't work.

We still hate the Avs, though, even if all the bad guys have retired. Ozzie, Lidstrom and Draper are still Wings, though. And, obviously, Avs fans still hate the Wings-the hockey episode of South Park is kind of evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Illinois is an at-will state. Additionally, the automotive group spends somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k/month to advertise on the Bears' flagship radio station.

Dumb-ass should have just taken off the tie.
    I understand why they did it, I'm just saying I smell a lawsuit over it :D

Da Bears still SUCK though :D