Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Black Widow Suicide Bombers Happy New Year Tweet Blows Her Up by Mistake " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt on a busy square near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a spam message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her but nobody else.She was at her Moscow safe house at the time getting ready with two accomplices, both of whom survived and were seen fleeing the scene.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-mistake.html7

At least this story had a happy ending.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    At least this story had a happy ending.
    Interesting..those bomb belts have a primary ignition switch that the bomber triggers when in place .If they lose their nerve their handler who in the vicinity and observing has a cell phone to activated a secondary trigger on the belt
    The tweet triggered the secondary !Dumb design .They need to redesign the trigger electronics to lock out spam and tweets.A three tone sequence decoder to enable the final burst detector would be much more effective .

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Are you mocking me ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Interesting..those bomb belts have a primary ignition switch that the bomber triggers when in place .If they lose their nerve their handler who in the vicinity and observing has a cell phone to activated a secondary trigger on the belt
    The tweet triggered the secondary !Dumb design .They need to redesign the trigger electronics to lock out spam and tweets.A three tone sequence decoder to enable the final burst detector would be much more effective .
    Why would you offer suggestions for improvements to these murderous bastards?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Why would you offer suggestions for improvements to these murderous bastards?
    Just my design engineering background kicking in .Improvement of initial designs was part of my work.I didn't disclose enough engineering to actually prove the concept !Either way they will continue to blow themselves up no mater what I design.An easy way to protect against these secondary systems would be to burst transmit a high power sequence of ring tones on the cell channels in any large public area.That should clear the area of any bomb belts.

Just my design engineering background kicking in .Improvement of initial designs was part of my work.I didn't disclose enough engineering to actually prove the concept !Either way they will continue to blow themselves up no mater what I design.An easy way to protect against these secondary systems would be to burst transmit a high power sequence of ring tones on the cell channels in any large public area.That should clear the area of any bomb belts.
    Still, careful. ANY help is aiding and abetting.

Let the SOBs blow themselves up!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Still, careful. ANY help is aiding and abetting.

Let the SOBs blow themselves up!
    That' s what the ring tone generator would do !

The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt on a busy square near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a spam message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her but nobody else.She was at her Moscow safe house at the time getting ready with two accomplices, both of whom survived and were seen fleeing the scene.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-mistake.html7
    I never thought that there was an upside to spam.
    That could be really dangerous, as detonating the belts in a public area would still endanger non-combatants. Better to randomly blanket an entire city several times daily, and try to nail them at their safe houses. Also, doing the same thing for an hour or so prior to a major public event would force them to keep their phones off until it was time to detonate.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!