Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Will there be a chocolate drought? World’s supply of sustainable cocoa could run out 
    Will there be a chocolate drought? World’s supply of sustainable cocoa could run out by 2014

By Simon Watkins And Jo Thornhill
    Last updated at 9:04 AM on 28th January 2011

The world faces a chocolate ‘drought’ over the next few years, an expert warned yesterday.

Political unrest in the Ivory Coast, where 40 per cent of the world’s cocoa beans are grown, has ‘significantly’ depleted the number of certified fair trade cocoa farmers. Many have fled the West *African country, while fair trade training programmes have also come to a halt.

Fairtrade training programmes have ground to a halt because of the danger farmers face in rural areas. The situation is already affecting chocolate manufacturers, who are facing the highest cocoa prices for over 30 years. Prices jumped by 10 per cent this month alone. Analysts are predicting they could soon hit $3,720 per metric tonne - a level last seen in January 1979.

It follows a curb on international cocoa exports initiated earlier this week by the country's new president, Alassane Ouattara.

Angus Kennedy, the editor of Kennedy's Confection and a leading British chocolatier, said chocolate producers are facing 'one of the biggest challenges to hit the industry in recent history'. 'Supplies of sustainable cocoa are set to run out, it's that simple,' he said.
    What about unsustainable cocoa?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1CLfbqR00

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What about unsustainable cocoa?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1CLfbqR00
    Transplant the trees to Jamaica and Barbados and grow it there !

Of God women are going to be more bitchy in the coming years. :(:D

There will be rioting!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There will be rioting!
    And all out chaos once a month:D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There will be rioting!
    There will be blood...male blood !

Fuck the oil, THIS is a national emergency. Do you know how often I cower in the corner throwing Hershey's Kisses at my wife? About every fifth week.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

LOL! I must be the only woman in America with a 'take it or leave it' attitude about chocolate. Doesn't cocoa grow in South America? Do we need African chocolate?

LOL! I must be the only woman in America with a 'take it or leave it' attitude about chocolate. Doesn't cocoa grow in South America? Do we need African chocolate?
    My wife doesn't eat hardly any chocolate, until......
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

My wifes chocolate ravings ended when she went through the change , now I have them.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg