Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I'd have to modify it with skis....:D

Done. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Done. :D
    LOL :p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Banned
    How are those idiotic windmills working out for those in TX, MN and other parts of the country. Dependency on windmills is a joke. The hydraulic fluid froze up so they are dead in the water. The solution is to find a contractor who will heat the fluid with natural gas or electricity. I am not making this shit up. Between Obama and the greenies, we are going to be in a world of hurt with our insane energy policy.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 02-05-2011 at 10:21 PM.

That's for sure on the windmills. We have a lot of those around here now.
    I have this one friend who works for a major oil company (I'll just say one
    of the big two) that invested in a wind field here. He says that they are
    losing their ass on them and going way in the hole. But they get a big check
    mark in the "promoting green energy" box and keep them for that reason only.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    That's for sure on the windmills. We have a lot of those around here now.
    I have this one friend who works for a major oil company (I'll just say one
    of the big two) that invested in a wind field here. He says that they are
    losing their ass on them and going way in the hole. But they get a big check
    mark in the "promoting green energy" box and keep them for that reason only.
    We can thank a lot of people for this costly abortion like Bush, Pickens, Obama and a bunch of idiot politicians. BTW, the Volt (GM's boondoggle financed by taxpayers) was awarded car of the year by a prominent car magazine. This POS hybrid has a range of 40 miles but loses 30% in cold weather. So, that reduces the range to 28 miles on electric power. I would be some pissed if I lived in TX where there are rolling blackouts. I betcha consumers are going to gouged for the electricity imported from Mexico. However, the lights will definitely be on for the Super Bowl.

Yeah the rolling blackout came through Midland the other day just as I was getting dressed for work. It was about 6:45 am. I was already started and had to finish putting my face on by candlelight. That was pretty scary. Looking into the mirror by candle light ...it was like one of those horror movies where some old woman started looking back at me! :eek: I can't wait to see my next electric bill. It will be even more scarier than that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Yeah the rolling blackout came through Midland the other day just as I was getting dressed for work. It was about 6:45 am. I was already started and had to finish putting my face on by candlelight. That was pretty scary. Looking into the mirror by candle light ...it was like one of those horror movies where some old woman started looking back at me!
    I doubt that but a bunch of female lawyers would fit in that category.