1. #1 OK, its not DU, but it sure sounds like it could be... 
    Check out this gem on one of the car forums I frequent...
    http://forums.focaljet.com/news-deba...olygamist.html

Just a couple key posts from there...

Quote Originally Posted by BUR_ZX3
    Thats right, righties! You're about to nominate a polygamist!.

Although McCain suggested in his autobiography that months passed between his divorce and remarriage, the divorce was granted April 2, 1980, and he wed Hensley in a private ceremony five weeks later. McCain obtained an Arizona marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first wife.
    Source

A pretty big no-no if you ask me.

This all coming out in an LA Times Piece on how his divorce and re-marriage basically alienated McCain from the most powerful and influential Republican of recent times, Ronald Reagan.

Anywho... I'm just tongue-in-cheek mudslinging. But I'll be damned if the right tries to start attacking Obama on "family values" because they've got NO GROUND to stand on with their candidate being in this boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voortrek3
    Here's a couple other McCain-isms that have come out:
    -When he left his wife, she was deathly ill - that's a piece of work.
    -He has a violent temper - even attacked a handicapped Veteran on the steps of the VA
    -According to some of the other POW's that were with him, he was the most cooperative of all of them with his North Vietnamese captors. - He was a POW, not a war hero.
    -According to him, Afghanistan and Iraq border each other - NOT
    -He had a 61 yo woman kicked out of one of his town hall meetings and then arrested for holding up a sign which read "McCain = Bush"
    -The Keating 5 (nuff said)
    -He's voted against increasing benefits to Veterans in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004
    -He's flip-flopped on EVERY major issue since 2000.
    -He voted against a national holiday for Martin Luther King Jr. (AZ still doesn't recognize that day).
    -He's voted with Bush 95% of the time.
    -He wanted his wife, Cindy, to enter the topless contest at the Sturgis, SD biker rally at the Buffalo Chip campground...known for its rather risque performances.
    -He is for the US staying in Iraq for '100 more years' even though the Iraqi government has said it would like a timetable for us to withdraw.
    -He wants to attack Iran, even deploying nuclear weapons if he deems them necessary. Note- conservative estimates on a nuclear stike on Iran's nuclear plant would be 250,000+ casualties.
    -He wants to give the oil companies a $2 billion tax credit
    The list goes on and on and on.

Bottom line...if you think that things are just peachy keen, then vote for McCain and you'll get 4 more yrs of the same failed Bush policies.

So before you start blasting Obama, might want to look at McCain a little closer.
    Those aught to get you interested in that thread. ;)

And please, do not go signing up on that board just to post in there. I don't condone forum wars and don't wish to start one. Discuss it in here, but don't cause trouble over there. I've got that under control. :p
    Hello, welcome to the United States of America.
    Please press 1 for English. If you can't please press 2 to disconnect until you learn how to speak English. Thank you.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I'm going to move this to General Discussion.

Yes, it's similar to DU, but per the rules (and we need to update those), all DU clone threads go in GD.

I frequent an outdoor sports forum that is dominated FLAMING liberals. They a constarined by the Admin from posting their BDS and conspiracy theories to only one small part of the board but it still bleeds into everything they talk about.

It sucks to post in an interest forum and have folks bleed politics all over it.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Because someone obtains a marriage license doesn't mean that they are married. My and I had ours for months before we actually tied the knot.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis