Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Right-winger arrested with explosives outside Dearborn mosque 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...opic_id=309633
    Rage for Order Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-30-11 03:54 PM
    Original message
    Right-winger arrested with explosives outside Dearborn mosque

Edited on Sun Jan-30-11 04:21 PM by Rage for Order
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110130/ap_on_re_us/us_mosq...

A 63-year-old Southern California man who had explosives in his vehicle was arrested outside one of the nation's largest mosques in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn, authorities in Michigan said.

Dearborn police said Roger Stockham was arraigned Wednesday on one count of making a false report or threat of terrorism and one count of possessing explosives with an unlawful intent. Stockham had a large but undisclosed quantity of class-C fireworks including M-80s, which are outlawed in Michigan, Chief Ronald Haddad said.

Haddad said Stockham was arrested Monday evening without incident in the parking lot of Islamic Center of America, while a large group was gathered inside. He said police received a 911 call from a resident.

Haddad said authorities believe Stockham was acting alone but still take him "very seriously." He said Stockham has "a long history of anti-government activities," though he declined to elaborate.

*Edit to change post title to the less-specific "Right-winger"

**2nd edit to include information from other sources:

http://www.freep.com/article/2011013...ue?odyssey=tab

The suspect was arrested in the parking lot of the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn on Monday, while hundreds were inside the mosque that sits along Ford Road, police said. He came to the city because of its large Arab-American and Muslim population, police said.

Roger Stockham, 63, was arraigned Wednesday on one count on a threat of terrorism or false report and one count of explosive-possession of bombs with unlawful intent for possession of Class C fireworks, Dearborn Police said. "He's very dangerous," Dearborn Police Chief Ron Haddad told the Free Press. "We took his threat to be very serious." Haddad said the man was previously known to law enforcement officials in other parts of the country. "He's had a long history of being angry with the United States government," Haddad said.

Stockham, in jail on a $500,000 bond, drove from California to Dearborn and was caught with a car packed with high-end fireworks. The FBI has been notified about the incident, Haddad said. "He picked Dearborn as a stop because of the huge Arab and Muslim population," Haddad said.

An employee at a local bar called police after overhearing violent threats allegedly made by the man, Islamic Center of America Executive Administrator Kassem Allie said. The employee was afraid that Stockham was going to target Muslims or Arabs in the area, he said.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...mic_center.php

snip

On a MySpace profile that likely belongs to Stockham, he writes that he's happy with how much he's lived. "Ready for it to be over, but have a policy I contend with often: So long as I am alive, I can't play dead," Stockham apparently writes.

He writes that he has "four ex-wives" is "on meds and doing better than my history would predict." He lists his heroes as Thomas Jefferson and Tom Payne.
    This is getting just as old as accusing conservatives of racism. Soon, if it isn't already happening, an accusation like this will simply result in KNOWING that the leftists are simply lying for political gain and it won't even matter if the accusation is accurate. Crying wolf and all that.........

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...-tip-to-police

Plot to blow up Dearborn mosque foiled by tip to police
    Man arrested in Dearborn served time for threats against Bush
    Jennifer Chambers and Francis X. Donnelly / The Detroit News

Dearborn — A decorated Army veteran accused of plotting to blow up a Metro Detroit mosque served time in federal prison for threatening to kill President George W. Bush and bomb a Vermont veterans' clinic in 2002.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110131/...#ixzz1CdCe8oqV
    He posted on a site supporting Bradley Manning.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...2357&topic=184

Roger Stockham
    tremendous insite Glenn. meanerwhilst - i'v got a btr plan for identifying crazyhorse18: my muslim name is Hem Ahadin, n heez/weez gn due smthg to frgn-a garngddam-T that he n Hem end up in th same case, @ th same time, @ th World Court in the Hague. Oh, and pardon usn ifn smn gitzurt inna process. but shux, ain't mayhem-4-profit th name of their gig Fools even trained me to play it for them, not knowing i'd red L o Arabia's 7 p's, whrin he talx abt th "Ahad".
    And he's a Muslim Convert.

Yea, sure he's a "right winger".

Liberals look like fools once again.

*Information was originally from Wizbang, http://wizbangblog.com/

If you haven't been there, check them out.

sakabatou Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-30-11 04:03 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. Now watch as Fox tries to make it look like a Dem/liberal did it.
    If he isn't mentally ill, he IS a liberal.
    The Doctor. (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-30-11 04:17 PM
    Response to Reply #7
    13. Time to look up the definition of 'lie'.

It's hardly even misleading as there is a high likelihood that this guy watches Fox news and certainly isn't a liberal.

Rec to counter unrec.

oe; thanks for at least admitting the unrec. You ain't no coward.
    Last edited by Carol; 01-31-2011 at 11:41 AM.

The peace loving Muslims of Dearborn? This can't be true, these are just hard working Americans!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

He's a nutjob. He hates the government, and doesn't really care which party is in power. He's one of the guys who came back from Vietnam FUBAR.

He hates muslims, yet claims to be a convert. I don't know if this is a state or federal offense. If it's a state offense, well, he will likely be incarcerated at one of the fine institutions in Ionia, since that is where the supermax prison is located and also where the psychiatric prison is located. Either way, he'll be getting his Depakote and/or Seroquel for the rest of his life.

The mosque he allegedly tried to blow up is a local landmark. It's one of the more impressive ones around, it looks like something out of Arabian Nights.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He's a nutjob. He hates the government, and doesn't really care which party is in power. He's one of the guys who came back from Vietnam FUBAR.

He hates muslims, yet claims to be a convert. I don't know if this is a state or federal offense. If it's a state offense, well, he will likely be incarcerated at one of the fine institutions in Ionia, since that is where the supermax prison is located and also where the psychiatric prison is located. Either way, he'll be getting his Depakote and/or Seroquel for the rest of his life.

The mosque he allegedly tried to blow up is a local landmark. It's one of the more impressive ones around, it looks like something out of Arabian Nights.
    Oh yeah that's right, attacks from the left or Muslim are schizophrenic or nutz!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I can't imagine that he had enough M-80's to do much damage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Oh yeah that's right, attacks from the left or Muslim are schizophrenic or nutz!

Did you read the article? He's a nutjob. He hated the government when Bush was president, and he hates the government now that Obama is president. He's not on the left, he's not on the right. He's on the opposite side of whomever is pissing him off at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I have a friend with half a thumb who might disagree.

Dearborn — A decorated Army veteran accused of plotting to blow up a Metro Detroit mosque served time in federal prison for threatening to kill President George W. Bush and bomb a Vermont veterans' clinic in 2002.
    Ruh-roh. So, to the DU, anyone pissed at the gubmint is a right winger...even though said 'right winger' wanted to kill Bush. Um, if you say so.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

oneshooter (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-30-11 04:03 PM
    Response to Original message
    7. There is no idication of his politics. Un rec for lies in post title. n/t
    Rage for Order (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-30-11 04:16 PM
    Response to Reply #11
    12. I don't have to prove anything

It is my opinion that the guy is a right-winger based on the information provided. You can think whatever you want about it: that would be your opinion. See how that works?
    DUmmie rule #3: Just make stuff up if it suits your cause.

his Plan B attack was to light a bag of dog poo on fire in front of the building
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

He converted to Islam so he'd have access to the Mosque's toilets.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad