Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Who is the false prophet of the end times? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Question: "Who is the false prophet of the end times?"

Answer: The false prophet of the end times is described in Revelation 13:11-15. He is also referred to as the “second beast” (Revelation 16:13, 19:20, 20:10). Together with the Antichrist and Satan, who empowers both of them, the false prophet is the third party in the unholy trinity.

The apostle John describes this person and gives us clues to identifying him when he shows up. First, he comes out of the earth. ......."How about out of a well ?,The Mahdi comes out of a well !"

This could mean he comes up from the pit of hell with all the demonic powers of hell at his command. It could also mean he comes from lowly circumstances, secret and unknown until he burst on the world stage at the right hand of the Antichrist. He is depicted as having horns like a lamb, while speaking like a dragon.

The horns on lambs are merely small bumps on their heads until the lamb grows into a ram. Rather than having the Antichrist’s multiplicity of heads and horns, showing his power and might and fierceness, the false prophet comes like a lamb, winsomely, with persuasive words that elicit sympathy and good will from others.

He may be an extraordinary preacher or orator whose demonically empowered words will deceive the multitudes. But he speaks like a dragon, which means his message is the message of a dragon. Revelation 12:9 identifies the dragon as the devil and Satan.

http://www.gotquestions.org/false-prophet.html

Revelation 13:11-15 (King James Version)

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
    12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
    13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
    15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

While the Anti-Christ will be the entire world's head-of-state, the False Prophet will be the head of the One-World Global Religion.
    An educated voter is a Liberals worst nightmare

According to Jack Chick, it will be a pope, and probably a Jesuit at that. According to him, the Catholic Church deceives it's followers into Satan's grasp, it sponsored the Holocaust, and expects it's followers to have more loyalty to the church than to their own nation. Plus, the eucharist is referred to "The Death Cookie" in one of his tracts.

Jack van Impe, on the other hand, believes that the end is near, that the anti-christ will be a muslim and that the false prophet could be any preacher from a church he doesn't agree with.

I've found Chick's tracts to be amusing ever since someone slid an anti-Halloween one in my mail slot when I lived in Detroit. I find van Impe, with his belief that the Rapture is nigh, to be ridiculous-how much money has he spent on his wife's plastic surgery, considering she's about to be raptured up and receive a new body? Plus, does the silicon stay behind when she is raptured up? The same question applies to fillings, dentures and joint replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A Plus, does the silicon stay behind when she is raptured up? The same question applies to fillings, dentures and joint replacements.
    I have always been under the impression we are given a new incorruptible body.
    The old bodies will probably be sent back down as soilent green or MAN- uh.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    According to Jack Chick, it will be a pope, and probably a Jesuit at that. According to him, the Catholic Church deceives it's followers into Satan's grasp, it sponsored the Holocaust, and expects it's followers to have more loyalty to the church than to their own nation. Plus, the eucharist is referred to "The Death Cookie" in one of his tracts.

Jack van Impe, on the other hand, believes that the end is near, that the anti-christ will be a muslim and that the false prophet could be any preacher from a church he doesn't agree with.

I've found Chick's tracts to be amusing ever since someone slid an anti-Halloween one in my mail slot when I lived in Detroit. I find van Impe, with his belief that the Rapture is nigh, to be ridiculous-how much money has he spent on his wife's plastic surgery, considering she's about to be raptured up and receive a new body? Plus, does the silicon stay behind when she is raptured up? The same question applies to fillings, dentures and joint replacements.
    You have my permission to use my new gold cap as currency if you can beat the others left behind to it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    You have my permission to use my new gold cap as currency if you can beat the others left behind to it.

You assume I won't be raptured up because I'm a liberal? I'm glad you don't make that decision!

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    is it possible that we've missed the Rapture or there isn't one? This looks remarkably like End TImes prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    is it possible that we've missed the Rapture or there isn't one? This looks remarkably like End TImes prophecy.
    If you take a strict view of eschatology, we could well have missed it. The pre-trib view calls for the Church to raptured by Christ but defining "the Church" has always been dicey. There might be very few people qualified to be saved. Out of 6 billion people, a few hundred thousand might not be missed in any media-coverage type of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If you take a strict view of eschatology, we could well have missed it. The pre-trib view calls for the Church to raptured by Christ but defining "the Church" has always been dicey. There might be very few people qualified to be saved. Out of 6 billion people, a few hundred thousand might not be missed in any media-coverage type of way.
    Well, if nobody missed them, then good riddance I say.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Well, if nobody missed them, then good riddance I say.
    Did it hurt a lot to that 666 thing burned into your evil flesh?