Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Goreacle has spoken! 
    http://blog.algore.com/2011/02/an_answer_for_bill.html

An Answer for Bill February 1, 2011 : 11:43 AM

Last week on his show Bill O’Reilly asked, “Why has southern New York turned into the tundra?” and then said he had a call into me. I appreciate the question.

As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming:

“In fact, scientists have been warning for at least two decades that global warming could make snowstorms more severe. Snow has two simple ingredients: cold and moisture. Warmer air collects moisture like a sponge until it hits a patch of cold air. When temperatures dip below freezing, a lot of moisture creates a lot of snow.”

“A rise in global temperature can create all sorts of havoc, ranging from hotter dry spells to colder winters, along with increasingly violent storms, flooding, forest fires and loss of endangered species.”
    I knew it had to be global warming!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    http://blog.algore.com/2011/02/an_answer_for_bill.html

I knew it had to be global warming!
    It is a shame that the weather isn't as easy to predict as the global warming scammers.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    oy...bunch of dipshits...first they say that there wont be any winters at all, now they say their will be more severe winters...

I guess Gore is just too stupid to to briefly study La Niña effects. If he had, he would know that this weather was generally predicted by October of 2010. Just as it is every so many years as these cycles set up, grow, wane, and disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I guess Gore is just too stupid to to briefly study La Niña effects. If he had, he would know that this weather was generally predicted by October of 2010. Just as it is every so many years as these cycles set up, grow, wane, and disappear.
    You can ski all the way to my house and see me, I have cookies!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You can ski all the way to my house and see me, I have cookies!
    I probably could ski all the way to your house now and as you know, cookies are my vice. It's a tempting thought but it's also like minus 10 here right now. They'd have to be really, really good cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I probably could ski all the way to your house now and as you know, cookies are my vice. It's a tempting thought but it's also like minus 10 here right now. They'd have to be really, really good cookies.
    I'ts 10 above here and the cookies are dark fudge coated with cheesecake center.

You know, Al. If you are gonna keep lying, you'll need a better memory.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers.

In those days, I recall my uncle, President Kennedy, standing erect as he rode a toboggan in his top coat, never faltering until he slid into the boxwood at the bottom of the hill. Once, my father, Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy, brought a delegation of visiting Eskimos home from the Justice Department for lunch at our house. They spent the afternoon building a great igloo in the deep snow in our backyard. My brothers and sisters played in the structure for several weeks before it began to melt. On weekend afternoons, we commonly joined hundreds of Georgetown residents for ice skating on Washington's C&O Canal, which these days rarely freezes enough to safely skate.

Meanwhile, Exxon Mobil and its carbon cronies continue to pour money into think tanks whose purpose is to deceive the American public into believing that global warming is a fantasy.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/news...#ixzz1CkrziNQI
    And...

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past
    By Charles Onians
    Monday, 20 March

Britain's winter ends tomorrow with further indications of a striking environmental change: snow is starting to disappear from our lives.

Sledges, snowmen, snowballs and the excitement of waking to find that the stuff has settled outside are all a rapidly diminishing part of Britain's culture, as warmer winters - which scientists are attributing to global climate change - produce not only fewer white Christmases, but fewer white Januaries and Februaries.

More...
    And the NYT...

Global Warming Poses Threat to Ski Resorts in the Alps:

:snip:

As for the broader threat of global warming, townspeople react with a mixture of fatalism and mild skepticism to studies like the one coordinated by Austria’s Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamics, which says the Alps have not been this warm since the eighth century.

Mrs. Kramheller-Reisch, whose great-grandfather introduced skiing to Kitzbühel in the 19th century, cited a letter her grandfather wrote in the 1920s, in which he said farmers could not haul wood from the mountains down to the village because there was no snow for their sleds.

While she does not dispute the inevitability of global warming, Mrs. Kramheller-Reisch, 51, said that for the ski industry in Austria, “This is not going to be a problem in our lifetimes.”

Climatologists, however, say the warming trend will become dramatic by 2020. The new studies are alarming, suggesting that the Alps are warming twice as fast as the average in the rest of the world. In 1980, 75 percent of Alpine glaciers were advancing; now, 90 percent are retreating.

Reinhard Böhm, a meteorologist who worked on the study of Alpine temperatures, said one explanation for the disparity was the region’s location in the middle of the European continent, far from any oceans, which react more moderately to global warming trends.

Temperatures in the Alps began heating up around 1980, Mr. Böhm said, after an uncommonly cool period that started in 1950. This coincided with the major development of the European ski industry.

Despite the evidence of rapid change, Mr. Böhm said there was little talk of how to prepare for global warming in the resorts. “Nobody in ski tourism plans out further than 10 years,” he said. “If you ask people whether they are interested in the climate in 50 years, they say no.”

The whole story.
    And of course there is this...

WINTER TO BE MILD PREDICTS MET OFFICE

Last winter the UK was brought to a stand still

Thursday October 28,2010
    By Nathan Reo

IT’S a prediction that means this may be time to dig out the snow chains and thermal underwear.
    The Met Office, using data generated by a £33million supercomputer, claims Britain can stop worrying about a big freeze this year because we could be in for a milder winter than in past years.

But this is the same equipment used to produce recent official seasonal forecasts – before those bulletins were axed in March after a string of much-criticised blunders.

These calamities included predicting a “BBQ summer” before the 2009 washout and then claiming there was only a one in seven chance of a chilly winter last year before the coldest few months for 31 years. And the new figures, which show a 60 per cent to 80 per cent chance of warmer-than-average temperatures this winter, were ridiculed last night by independent forecasters. The latest data comes in the form of a December to February temperature map on the Met Office’s website.

The eastern half of England, Cornwall, Scotland and Northern Ireland is in for temperatures above the 3.7C (38.6F) average, more than 2C warmer than last winter.
    The map also shows a 40 per cent to 60 per cent probability that western England and Wales will be warmer than 3.7C (38.6F), with a much smaller chance of average or below-average temperatures.
    But other experts maintain we are in for another big freeze. Positive Weather Solutions senior forecaster Jonathan Powell said: “It baffles me how the Met Office can predict a milder-than-average winter when all the indicators show this winter will have parallels to the last one.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...#ixzz1CkyaPCBf

This piece sums it up far better than I could...

Brutal winter not indicative of climate change
    By Thomas Dilling

Staff Columnist

Published: Tuesday, February 1, 2011
    Updated: Tuesday, February 1, 2011 00:02

With four days of cancelations in the first two weeks of the semester, record-setting snow accumulations across the state have kept workforces busy with snow removal, municipalities busy with budgeting prospects and Jay Hickey busy sending e-mails. Even as I type this, Fox CT reports another two snowstorms set to impact Connecticut today and tomorrow.

While some students jest that global warming ought to hurry up and take care of our winter weather woes, others take the recent snow accumulation as reason to fret the opposite: that a more snow-intensive winter is resulting from a global climate change. While both of these views are plausible and consistent with aspects of the climate change, we must not allow isolated weather occurrences to determine our conclusions on climate matters.

In 2000 in the British newspaper The Independent, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU), made what is now a notorious prediction: that within a "few years," winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event," and "Children just aren't going to know what snow is." As more than 10 years have passed and we are not yet seeing any less snow, we can likely throw this prediction in the trash bin of history. Still, the view that a warming globe will create less snow has much support.

The advocacy group Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS), in collaboration with 50 experts, developed a comprehensive report called the Northeast Climate Impacts Assessment (NECIA). The report outlines the expected course of action for climate change in the Northeast region. What it predicts is increased temperatures, shorter winter seasons, less snow and quicker melting of the snow that does fall. The report even goes so far as to measure the economic impact of ski slopes that will face added costs with the less lucrative winters to come. Clearly, there is a legitimate case that climate change will cause less.

The rest...

Well said, Mr. Dilling.

Gore is a charlatan and the scientists who have traded their integrity for tenure and lucre are the worst sort of frauds of all.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    You know, Al. If you are gonna keep lying, you'll need a better memory.

And...

And the NYT...

And of course there is this...

This piece sums it up far better than I could...

Well said, Mr. Dilling.

Gore is a charlatan and the scientists who have traded their integrity for tenure and lucre are the worst sort of frauds of all.
    They count on us having short memories. I was just saying the same thing the other day - wasn't is less than 10 years ago when they predicted winters were gonna come to an end . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    They count on us having short memories. I was just saying the same thing the other day - wasn't is less than 10 years ago when they predicted winters were gonna come to an end . . . .
    Yes.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)