Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Suddenly, Prezidentin' is hard work 
    Anyone remember back when the Left gave Bush unmitigated shit about the phrase "hard work?" Well, guess what: being the President is hard work:

Nuclear Unicorn (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-02-11 12:14 PM
    Original message
    I'll say this for our president
    I'm glad I don't have his job.

Can you say, "Lonely at the top"?

I knew you could.
    Gee...funny how that didn't apply to Bush, innit?
    FrenchieCat (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-02-11 12:16 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. I recced....and your post remains at zero.
    Some wish this president failure. Sad.
    Unlike the last President. NO ONE wished him failure, right? Never, ever happened on DU, did it?
    Frustratedlady (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-02-11 12:19 PM
    6. Well said. I admire him so much for his coolness in the face of adversity.
    I would have been screaming "Uncle" long ago. Just imagine living with all the criticism...damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Dealing with a normal Republican party would be irritating enough, but to have this "new version"...the "No" Party, plus the Tea Baggers screaming in your face each day, it would be too much.

He takes it in stride. I find that truly amazing.
    If only he had actually done something other than issue a couple of pointless, empty-rhetoric proclamations from the East Room, you might have some sort of point there.
    gateley (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-02-11 12:42 PM
    9. Amen. I feel so bad for him -granted it "comes with the job" but it's been
    one crisis after another since he's taken office, and on top of that having to put up with being hogtied because we're outnumbered in Congress.

I'm reminded of the famous JFK photo (which of course I can't find), black and white, I think, of him gazing pensively out the window of the oval office. You just get the feeling he's all alone in the world, as ultimately every President is. That's how I feel about Obama now - so much pressure, so much wrong, so much he wants to do but can't -- all alone in the world.
    Yeah, unlike Bush, who never had any challenges in his Presidency and always had all of Congress on his side.

Oh, wait....

Their duplicity never ceases to astound me. It really shouldn't surprise me any more, but somehow it still does.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    then they say our wanting his policies to fail somehow means the country to fail...like I said in the other thread they all suffer from schizo over there

I want him to fail. There, I said it.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    So do I

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    You racist bigot not a nice person you...:p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    You racist bigot not a nice person you...:p:D
    Ha! :D
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

He needs to go to Egypt and take over for Mubarak.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He needs to go to Egypt and take over for Mubarak.

He may have to since he may not get the Internet "kill-switch" (pretty neat PC post-Tuscon civil nickname there) that the likes of Joe Lieberman, Susan Collins, and Tom Carper sponsored. WTF is wrong with these people?

I know they are dumb, useless, out-of-touch pieces of gibbon feces, but still, WTF? You kill the Internet here in the US, and Egypt is going to look like a playground brawl.

He may have to since he may not get the Internet "kill-switch" (pretty neat PC post-Tuscon civil nickname there) that the likes of Joe Lieberman, Susan Collins, and Tom Carper sponsored. WTF is wrong with these people?

I know they are dumb, useless, out-of-touch pieces of gibbon feces, but still, WTF? You kill the Internet here in the US, and Egypt is going to look like a playground brawl.
    no shit...they cut off the internet and they'll have an uprising from all the nerds across the country, since nerds make the world work now...there wont be a lot getting done

gateley (1000+ posts) Wed Feb-02-11 12:42 PM
    9. Amen. I feel so bad for him -granted it "comes with the job" but it's been
    one crisis after another since he's taken office, and on top of that having to put up with being hogtied because we're outnumbered in Congress.

I'm reminded of the famous JFK photo (which of course I can't find), black and white, I think, of him gazing pensively out the window of the oval office. You just get the feeling he's all alone in the world, as ultimately every President is. That's how I feel about Obama now - so much pressure, so much wrong, so much he wants to do but can't -- all alone in the world.
    He has mismanaged every crisis he gets near and for 2 years he had both houses of congress and still has one. Poor baby but thank Gia that he still has time to play golf, pick up games of basketball and campaign.