Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NYC bans smoking in parks, square, beaches, etc 
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-02-17-25-36

The smoking ban will cover 1,700 parks and 14 miles of public beaches plus boardwalks, marinas and pedestrian plazas like the one in the heart of Times Square. The ban goes into effect 90 days after Bloomberg signs the bill; the mayor has 20 days to do it.

what the hell is happening in this country. Run by a bunch of puss-cakes.

They are coming for the cookies next!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I smoke at the beach. I always clean up the cigarette butts afterwards and throw them away. There is no other risk to the public-it's always windy at the beach, so the smoke never lingers.

I agree that no one wants to go to a beach littered with cigarette butts.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I smoke at the beach. I always clean up the cigarette butts afterwards and throw them away. There is no other risk to the public-it's always windy at the beach, so the smoke never lingers.

There are already laws against littering. I wonder. . . . does this ban also apply to Pot?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

You said you quit.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They are coming for the cookies next!:eek:
    Oh, yes they are. All of us who stand around smirking at what's happened to the smokers are in line to get our own particular pleasure/vices dictated by the State shortly. You wait and see. :(

They will pull my cookies from my cold dead hands!:mad:

Fabulous Poster
    I quit two years ago, and I confess that I am finding myself annoyed by public smoking.
    I am also annoyed by people in public who are stoned, drunk, medicated, or brain damaged from being stoned, drunk, or medicated but being annoyed by other people is the price you pay for living at the beach. If you want to be alone, I think you have to go to the woods or swamps.

Cigarette smoking will die under its own weight soon enough. Why annoy the people who are hanging on to it? For some, it's their last vice. I don't drink, use drugs, and now I don't smoke. How did I get to be like this? Each of those things became more trouble than it was worth.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    well you know...it WAS a free dam country. And people got to engage in their own personal bad habits. If you had something to say about it, feel free. People were also a little less insensitive to the comfort of others in a public setting. It is NOT the government job to regulate all of us. I'll put up with a smoker since i recognize the intent of government intervention. SHOOT. I even smoke on The Great Smoke OUT day. I buy those little slim cigarillos. And i'm NOT EVEN a smoker.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    There are already laws against littering. I wonder. . . . does this ban also apply to Pot?
    Pot smokers will get a free pass.