1. #1 Valerie Jarrett to uniformed general: More wine, garçon! 
    By Mike Riggs - The Daily Caller 4:03 PM 02/01/2011

In Washington, bigwigs can misspeak and misstep a million times without drawing attention. And then there are the seemingly harmless moments that stick to a person like super glue: Joe Wilson barking “You lie!”; Jesse Jackson mumbling into a hot mic that he wants to castrate Barack Obama; Dan Quayle trying to spell things.

Like coal crushed into diamonds by the pressure of a million eyeballs, such moments are forever.

During an exclusive dinner hosted Monday by the Alfalfa Club, Obama adviser Valerie Jarret had just such a moment. And were it not for an irritated tipster, Jarret might have walked away from the dinner unblemished.

According to our tipster, Jarrett was seated at the head table along with several other big-name politicians and a handful of high-ranking military officials. As an officer sporting several stars walked past Jarrett, she signaled for his attention and said, “I’d like another glass of wine.”

Garçon!

White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, who was seated next to Jarret, began “cracking up nervously,” our tipster said, but no one pointed out to Jarrett that the man sporting a chestful of medals was not her waiter.

“The guy dutifully went up and got her a glass of wine, and then came back and gave it to her and took a seat at the table,” our tipster said. “Everyone is in tuxedos and gowns at this thing, but the military people are in full dress uniform.”

“There was no shortage of waiters either,” the tipster added.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/01/va...#ixzz1Cvm88tR2

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    This is a Rudyard Kipling moment:

We ain't no bloody waiters,
    And we ain't no busboys, too.
    We wear our uniforms when we
    protect the likes of you.
    And if you don't know how to act
    when we are in your place,
    then take your empty wineglass back,
    and get out of my face!

For it's Tommy this, and Tommy that
    And Tommy, you're a swine.
    But it's "Over here, Garcon,"
    when they want a glass of wine.

They want a glass o' wine, my boys, they want a glass o' wine
    Oh, it's "Over here, Garcon" when they want a glass o' wine.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Yet she was underrcover CIA....riiiigggghhhhttttttt
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    By Mike Riggs - The Daily Caller 4:03 PM 02/01/2011

In Washington, bigwigs can misspeak and misstep a million times without drawing attention. And then there are the seemingly harmless moments that stick to a person like super glue: Joe Wilson barking “You lie!”; Jesse Jackson mumbling into a hot mic that he wants to castrate Barack Obama; Dan Quayle trying to spell things.

Like coal crushed into diamonds by the pressure of a million eyeballs, such moments are forever.

During an exclusive dinner hosted Monday by the Alfalfa Club, Obama adviser Valerie Jarret had just such a moment. And were it not for an irritated tipster, Jarret might have walked away from the dinner unblemished.

According to our tipster, Jarrett was seated at the head table along with several other big-name politicians and a handful of high-ranking military officials. As an officer sporting several stars walked past Jarrett, she signaled for his attention and said, “I’d like another glass of wine.”

Garçon!

White House economic adviser Austan Goolsbee, who was seated next to Jarret, began “cracking up nervously,” our tipster said, but no one pointed out to Jarrett that the man sporting a chestful of medals was not her waiter.

“The guy dutifully went up and got her a glass of wine, and then came back and gave it to her and took a seat at the table,” our tipster said. “Everyone is in tuxedos and gowns at this thing, but the military people are in full dress uniform.”

“There was no shortage of waiters either,” the tipster added.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/01/va...#ixzz1Cvm88tR2

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    This is a Rudyard Kipling moment:

We ain't no bloody waiters,
    And we ain't no busboys, too.
    We wear our uniforms when we
    protect the likes of you.
    And if you don't know how to act
    when we are in your place,
    then take your empty wineglass back,
    and get out of my face!

For it's Tommy this, and Tommy that
    And Tommy, you're a swine.
    But it's "Over here, Garcon,"
    when they want a glass of wine.

They want a glass o' wine, my boys, they want a glass o' wine
    Oh, it's "Over here, Garcon" when they want a glass o' wine.
    More wine, garçon!
    snip
    Me, I assume no malice in Ms. Jarrett's action, simply a wonderful example of the bubble of cluelessness she moves through the world with in this regard.
    snip
    http://thedonovan.com/archives/2011/...ine_garco.html
    Comments:
    The mind boggles at the arrogance of these people and their willful ignorance.
    I hope it was really just ignorance, and not a deliverate slight from one of the "I loathe the military" Democrat elites, but would not count it out entirely.

Jarrett is really tight with Obama, and a weasely a Chicago pol as any. She is not good for our country.

I salute the general for his response.... and self control.
    I'd have pissed in it. Guess that's why I retired as an O-4. I was a "No Go" at the Charm School station.
    Maybe he "d*ck-rimmed" it. Only he knows for sure.
    It could be simple ignorance, or pure arrogance. Given her position, I vote for arrogance. A college senior confusing AF Mess and Dress Blues is one thing, this is something else entirely.
    http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/
    Last edited by megimoo; 02-03-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Yet she was underrcover CIA....riiiigggghhhhttttttt
    You're thinking of Valerie Plame. Valerie Jarrett is Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President. She was also the person who recruited Van Jones and Cass Sunstein for Obama's czar positions. Here's a bio of her: http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2418.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You're thinking of Valerie Plame. Valerie Jarrett is Senior Advisor and Assistant to the President. She was also the person who recruited Van Jones and Cass Sunstein for Obama's czar positions. Here's a bio of her: http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2418.
    Doh! I saw Valerie.....

Is there any yolk in my eyebrows :o
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Shes also the one that keeps Holder at Justice.She wields extraordinary power for a foreign born Iranian American !"Tom Leonard, "Valerie Jarrett Leads Barack Obama's Influential Black Advisers", London Telegraph, 6 November 2008: "In one of his first appointments, Mr. Obama named Valerie Jarrett -- an African American businesswoman, senior advisor and close family friend -- as one of the leaders of his White House transition team." "

This isn't a new attitude. Back in the Clinton years I was selling office equipment to the military. The Clintons also had the same attitude as Jarrett toward the military. One officer who retired and came back as a civilian at the same facility said that he refused to be a waiter and a lackey to the Clintons. Some things never, ever change.

With her I think it's a combination of arrogance and stupidity.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"