1. #1 President Carter named in $5 million lawsuit over his "Palestine" book 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    More than four years after its publication, five disgruntled readers have filed a class-action lawsuit against President Jimmy Carter and his publisher, Simon & Schuster, alleging that his 2006 book “Palestine Peace Not Apartheid” contained “numerous false and knowingly misleading statements intended to promote the author's agenda of anti-Israel propaganda and to deceive the reading public instead of presenting accurate information as advertised.”

The five plaintiffs named in the lawsuit are seeking at least $5 million in compensation. The hard cover edition cost $27.

The suit accuses Carter and his publisher of violating New York consumer protection laws because they engaged in “deceptive acts in the course of conducting business” and alleges that they sought enrichment by promoting the book “as a work of non-fiction.”

In a press release, one of the attorneys, Nitsana Darshan-Leitner stated: "The lawsuit will expose all the falsehoods and misrepresentations in Carter's book and prove that his hatred of Israel has led him to commit this fraud on the public. He is entitled to his opinions but deceptions and lies have no place in works of history."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pol...=news-col-blog

im sure Osama will send him a sue czar :D
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I don't agree with Carter on his take on Israeli-Palestinean relationships, but under US law he has every right to publish his opinions. It's a matter of free speech. The people who don't like his book are free to criticize him by writing their own book.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't agree with Carter on his take on Israeli-Palestinean relationships, but under US law he has every right to publish his opinions. It's a matter of free speech. The people who don't like his book are free to criticize him by writing their own book.
    Is Cater passing his book off as fiction or non-fiction? Maybe they are executing the tactic to expose Carter as the hateful POC that he is? If he is attempting pass his book off as a factual representation using his opinion and lies, he deserves this lawsuit. Eventually Jimmah will be forced to admit he is a lying turd and market his fantasy account as fiction to his adoring hundreds.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Their going after him by New York laws. Apparently liberal laws are coming back to bite this liberal in the ass.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Is Cater passing his book off as fiction or non-fiction? Maybe they are executing the tactic to expose Carter as the hateful POC that he is? If he is attempting pass his book off as a factual representation using his opinion and lies, he deserves this lawsuit. Eventually Jimmah will be forced to admit he is a lying turd and market his fantasy account as fiction to his adoring hundreds.

If they write a book criticizing Carter, they can get Harper Collins to publish it. At that point, HC's parent company will use it's cable news channel to push it on their programming.

The judge will dismiss the case because of the First Amendment. The plaintiffs would make more money and get more publicity my way.

Fabulous Poster
    But it's a really clever way of high profile calling him a lying asshole. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    But it's a really clever way of high profile calling him a lying asshole. I approve.
    Concur. I'm not saying it is proper, only effective.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand