Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 " Police Chiefs Fly Gay Pride flag.OK.. Union Jack (British Flag) Not Allowed !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Police chiefs have come under fire today for flying the rainbow flag for lesbians, gays and bisexuals outside its police stations - when they are forbidden to display the Union Jack.

The multi-coloured 'Freedom' flag adopted by the gay pride movement in the 1970's is now flying at Suffolk Police's Ipswich HQ and its stations at Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft.

The flags - which include the force's badge - are to mark lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...forbidden.html

Ah the good ol' UK of PC.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Hang on, they're on their way!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Why are they forbidden to display the Union Jack?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Nationalism, and don't call me Jack, Shirley.:mad:
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Nationalism, and don't call me Jack, Shirley.:mad:
    Displaying your own nation's flag, in your own nation, is forbidden by the PC police. That's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

And don't call me Shirley.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Displaying your own nation's flag, in your own nation, is forbidden by the PC police. That's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

And don't call me Shirley.
    Okay Jack!:D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A little further down in the same post we find:

"'It's outrageous that the Union Jack can't be flown on days such as the Queen's Birthday and that the cross of St George is considered unworthy of being flown when appropriate.'

No thanks: Police stations are not allowed, under force policy, to fly the Union Jack or the Cross of St George

But Suffolk's Chief Constable Simon Ash, who personally ran up the rainbow flag at the force's HQ at Martlesham said: 'The flag signifies pride and inclusivity.

'We must continue to recognise and embrace differences while ensuring we provide a policing service to the people of the county who respect their differences.

'The flags send out the message that we will not accept crime motivated by hate and prejudice and will continue to champion equal opportunities.

'We have a commitment to tackle hate crimes and we want the message to be clear to victims and offenders that offences involving disability, race, religion and belief, sexual orientation or transgender will not be tolerated.

'We are a force that values and embraces diversity among our own workforce and among the people we serve. I want this to be an organisation where everyone feels comfortable at work and is treated fairly.'

But the flags have prompted politically-incorrect comments from some rank and file officers.
    One said: 'I thought it marked Caribbean Week so I was thinking of coming to work in a grass skirt.'

"Pure and utter PC piffle !"

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Okay Jack!:D
    Right back atcha'. :D

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    A little further down in the same post we find:

"'It's outrageous that the Union Jack can't be flown on days such as the Queen's Birthday and that the cross of St George is considered unworthy of being flown when appropriate.'

No thanks: Police stations are not allowed, under force policy, to fly the Union Jack or the Cross of St George

But Suffolk's Chief Constable Simon Ash, who personally ran up the rainbow flag at the force's HQ at Martlesham said: 'The flag signifies pride and inclusivity.
    "Pure and utter PC piffle !"

No kidding. The Union Jack contains the crosses of St. George, St. Andrew and St Patrick. It's about the union of three nations. How is that not inclusive?
    --Odysseus

This is the kind of story that makes me, as a Brit, want to FUCKING PUKE.

Thatisall.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.