Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    That doesn't tell me that she was transsexual or transgender, merely that she wanted to be a soldier and her gender prohibited that, so she put on a disguise.
    Merely pointing out that before gang showers and open toilets became central to military training, plumbing apparently was less important than patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Merely pointing out that before gang showers and open toilets became central to military training, plumbing apparently was less important than patriotism.
    Apparently not, since she had to hide her personal plumbing in order to serve.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Irrelevant.
    How about flipping the presumption of excellence. Around here and elsewhere, there is a trend to pit whatever is being criticized against a best case scenario of what is being supported. In reality every white heterosexual biological male is not superior to everyone else.

Part of the concept of diversity is that different people bring different aptitudes. Sometimes you need a big strapping Viking, and sometimes you need a little gymnast. Hell, you might even find that you have a use for someone with the strength of a man in a perfect size five cocktail dress.
    Last edited by Novaheart; 02-04-2011 at 02:20 PM.

How about flipping the presumption of excellence. Around here and elsewhere, there is a trend to pit whatever is being criticized against a best case scenario of what is being supported. In reality every white heterosexual biological male is not superior to everyone else.
    And neither is every self righteous gay who thinks the world owes them something more than the rest of us or some little boy in a dress wishing he'd been norn a girl who thinks he needs to be in the military.

How about posting something relavent to the discussion instead of a strawman that has nothing to do with Transgenders somehow thinking they are entitled to serve.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Apparently not, since she had to hide her personal plumbing in order to serve.
    Which she could because soldiers didn't spend a lot of naked time together back then.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And neither is every self righteous gay who thinks the world owes them something more than the rest of us or some little boy in a dress wishing he'd been norn a girl who thinks he needs to be in the military.

How about posting something relavent to the discussion instead of a strawman that has nothing to do with Transgenders somehow thinking they are entitled to serve.
    You have a perceptual disorder, and it's tiresome. I didn't say that transgendered people have a right to serve. I was talking about the possibility that they could serve and be an asset.

You have a perceptual disorder, and it's tiresome. I didn't say that transgendered people have a right to serve. I was talking about the possibility that they could serve and be an asset.
    Yet you ignore or poo-pooh away the probability that they will be a nuisance or the complete absense of a reason to change the status quo.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Anyone young enough to qualify for ROTC is too young to be making permanent decisions regarding sex change operations, as we are talking generally about college students under the age of 30.

Then again, I believe anyone who wants a doctor to change their body in such a dramatic way is mentally unstable. Plus, I think anyone over 30 who considers himself to be a bi-sexual is either afraid of a commitment or suffers from nymphomania or priapism, depending on gender.
    Alright, you're gonna get hauled into the Dome.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Okay, so we get rid of showers and toilets to accomodate your pet interest group. Funny thing, though, before we had modern plumbing, the ratio of deaths by disease to deaths caused by combat was 2:1. In the Civil War, when your example served, the numbers were:

Union:
    Battle deaths: 110,070
    Disease.: 250,152
    Total 360,222

Confederate:
    Battle deaths: 94,000
    Disease: 164,000
    Total 258,000

What diseases killed the most? Dysentary, Typhus, Typhoid, Malaria, Cholera, even plague... all diseases that are related to hygiene issues. What eliminated those diseases? indoor plumbing, elimination of standing open water, modern sanitation facilities, sewage treatment, regular showers, in short, all of the benefits of gang showers and toilets. But, what's a few thousand deaths per division in the face of the civil rights of a few people who can't live with the genitals that they were born with, or who are attracted to their own sex?

Do you begin to grasp just how ignorant you are, Nova, and how little you know about the military and its history, or how much damage your prescriptions will cause if implemented? Is anything sinking in here?
    Last edited by Odysseus; 02-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Alright, you're gonna get hauled into the Dome.;)
    This normally would have caused this reaction.

Followed by this.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg