Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This normally would have caused this reaction.
    I think that her vibrator is stuck. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Okay, so we get rid of showers and toilets to accomodate your pet interest group. Funny thing, though, before we had modern plumbing, the ratio of deaths by disease to deaths caused by combat was 2:1. In the Civil War, when your example served, the numbers were:

Union:
    Battle deaths: 110,070
    Disease.: 250,152
    Total 360,222

Confederate:
    Battle deaths: 94,000
    Disease: 164,000
    Total 258,000

What diseases killed the most? Dysentary, Typhus, Typhoid, Malaria, Cholera, even plague... all diseases that are related to hygiene issues. What eliminated those diseases? indoor plumbing, elimination of standing open water, modern sanitation facilities, sewage treatment, regular showers, in short, all of the benefits of gang showers and toilets. But, what's a few thousand deaths per division in the face of the civil rights of a few people who can't live with the genitals that they were born with, or who are attracted to their own sex?

Do you begin to grasp just how ignorant you are, Nova, and how little you know about the military and its history, or how much damage your prescriptions will cause if implemented? Is anything sinking in here?

See, you are living proof of the value of diversity. The military obviously sees a value and has a use for your unique combination of pulmonary and intellectual function.

I think that her vibrator is stuck. :D
    Hopefully they aren't energizer batteries!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    See, you are living proof of the value of diversity. The military obviously sees a value and has a use for your unique combination of pulmonary and intellectual function.
    And no use for yours. Seriously, is that all you've got? Where's the counter argument? Where's the claim that we can get along just fine without showers and toilets? C'mon, Nova, make your case!
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    And no use for yours. Seriously, is that all you've got? Where's the counter argument? Where's the claim that we can get along just fine without showers and toilets? C'mon, Nova, make your case!
    Showers and toilets are great, it's superstitious idiots and snickering juveniles we can do without.

Of which you have none...

Why do you feel the need to foist every deviant standard?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Showers and toilets are great, it's superstitious idiots and snickering juveniles we can do without.
    Not to mention whiny little bitches like you, who make their own lives hell...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

What superstition have I expressed? How is my concern for the welfare of my troops juvenile?

What is juvenile about not wanting to shower with someone of either gender who is attracted to your gender? Why should we even bother with unisex showers and latrines, if we are going to compel straight Soldiers to shower and perform other intimate functions in the presence of openly gay Soldiers? What is the difference between a woman being compelled to shower with a straight man and a woman being compelled to shower with a lesbian? Please, enlighten me.
    --Odysseus

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    What is the difference between a woman being compelled to shower with a straight man and a woman being compelled to shower with a lesbian? Please, enlighten me.
    Lesbians are women you moron.