Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Again? I've always wanted to see New Orleans, but do we have to rebuild it this time? The city's going under water as it is.

Even if we give them a mulligan on Katrina, there should be no overwhelming support for the fools who make no attempt to get out. I bet you the donations will be half of what was given last time.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

People here are taking this very seriously.

I actually saw a nice post on DU

meegbear Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-28-08 12:28 PM
    Original message
    Am I the only person who is not getting any form of glee over Gustav/RNC?

A major storm may hit an unprepared city (again). I'd rather see the repugs have the bestest convention ever than NOLA and the region to go through that again.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

It wasn't Bushes fault about New Orleans during Katrina.

Blame the Gov and the Mayor of New Orleans.

That is what we have local and state officials for.

Last time the GOV. didn't request help until too late.

Both the Gov. and the Mayor were democrats.

Lets see what happens this time - with Jindal (R) as Gov.

Better, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    there should be no overwhelming support for the fools who make no attempt to get out.
    Amen. Those that sat on their butts and wandered over to the superdome expecting free meals and shelter ... lazy ass' who won't have that option this time.

What government agency has spent the bulk of money to rebuild the levies?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Amen. Those that sat on their butts and wandered over to the superdome expecting free meals and shelter ... lazy ass' who won't have that option this time.
    On top of that, I met a woman who had left before Katrina and reloated to Albany, Ga. She told me that her mother had stayed behind. I couldn't resist, I had to ask, "Right after the storm, there were reports of rape, murders, and looting. A few days later, the media said it didn't happen. So, which was it?" Her response, "According to my mother, it was worse than they ever reported it to begin with."

There was a truck driver, who has his insurance with us, that was hauling FEMA trailers to NO. He dropped one off and by the time he made it back, the first one was burnt to the ground. The fucker who got a free place to live said he didn't want a trailer, he wanted a house.

Fuck 'em, fuck em right in there ear hole.:mad:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I see Mr. Mudslide is going to be shown his ignorance once more.

LP, stick to the nuts and fruits in California - you don't know jack about Louisiana.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Even if we give them a mulligan on Katrina, there should be no overwhelming support for the fools who make no attempt to get out. I bet you the donations will be half of what was given last time.
    If they get out in time, will the hurricane spare their homes?

Some of you all act like getting out actually makes a difference in regards to whether they'll need money. It doesn't unless we're talking rescue missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    If they get out in time, will the hurricane spare their homes?

Some of you all act like getting out actually makes a difference in regards to whether they'll need money. It doesn't unless we're talking rescue missions.
    Save it, I write Homeowners insurance everyday. If your home is not insured, that's your problem. If you rent, there is a policy for that as well. I feel no pity for anyone who sits on their ass and does nothing for themselves. If a person truly needs help, I have no problem, but able bodied people have no excuses in my book. If you can work, you can afford HO insurance.