Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Bush could be much too busy in a short while to worry about Florida.You forgot Poland ,Georgia, and NATO .If that flares up they will move US troops from all over the world to support Poland and other NATO country's.We may be getting out of IRAQ and Afghanistan much quicker than they originally planned .

Now Russia is asking China for support at the UN and who knows what China will demand in return.
    We are nose to nose with the Russian Navy in the black sea and just one mistake and who knows what will happen.China is much stronger at sea than Russia but logistics may be tough.You can bet that the Joint Chiefs are watching this very closely and lots of 688's and Boomers are at sea and on full alert !
    Oh wow, that is some grade A megi nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    What government agency has spent the bulk of money to rebuild the levies?
    Ask the former Mayor of NO.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

Keep your fingers crossed for me guys.

I am waiting travel arrangements for a 15-20 day deployment down to the Gulf to work the disaster recovery.

It's gonna be craptastic! ;)

I think I'm going to Louisianna. I'll know for sure when they call with my travel orders.

Goldwater
    Good luck! Thanks for helping people!

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post

I am waiting travel arrangements for a 15-20 day deployment down to the Gulf to work the disaster recovery.

I think I'm going to Louisianna. I'll know for sure when they call with my travel orders.
    Shit, if you're smart you'll buy up as many abandoned houses as possible.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post

Be safe! Thanks for what you're doing. The guard is being called up around here.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I see Mr. Mudslide is going to be shown his ignorance once more.

LP, stick to the nuts and fruits in California - you don't know jack about Louisiana.
    So - you don't have any idea, is that what you're saying?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Be safe! Thanks for what you're doing. The guard is being called up around here.
    They are flying me into NOLA tomorrow or Saturday for further assignment.

And I hope they break land speed records staging us further inland.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well if Gustav does become a major hurricane and direct hits NO you'd have to be brain dead to stay in the city. There is only 2 kinds of people who would stay, fucking idiots and looters in waiting. Oh, I take it back, there are 3 types of people. The third type is someone who lives in a part of the city that didn't flood the 1st time and wants to protect their property from types 1 and 2.

And as far as the levee's go, they could be built to take a CAT 5 and all it'd take is a barge busting loose and smashing into one and /BAM/ instant repeat of Katrina. Of course the DUmmies would say Lord Rove personally cut the lines but hey...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

That map shows landfall west of the city. No big deal. Even a head-on is doable. The path that Katrina took, just east of the city, is the killer. Bush, Obama, McCain, whoever; a hurricane just east of the city has it's rotation pushing Lake Pontchartrain into the city. That is a no-win for anyone.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.