1. #1 Muslim Brotherhood agrees to talks with Egypt’s Suleiman 
    Naturally there are those at DU who think that this is a wonderful thing.

link

sufrommich Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Feb-05-11 11:32 PM
    Original message
    Muslim Brotherhood agrees to talks with Egypt’s Suleiman

Source: The Globe and Mail

The Muslim Brotherhood said on Saturday would be enter into dialogue with Vice President Omar Suleiman to pull Egypt out of its worst crisis in 30 years.

A spokesman for the Brotherhood, the most influential and organized opposition group, said the talks will take place at the cabinet at 11:00 a.m local time on Sunday to discuss the process of Mr. Mubarak leaving office, the right to protest in public places and guarantees for their safety.

The Brotherhood said it has the right to abandon the talks if they are going nowhere. The talks will focus on the future of the state and the transitional government.

“We have decided to engage in a round of dialogue to ascertain the seriousness of officials towards the demands of the people and their willingness to respond to them,” a Brotherhood spokesman told Reuters.

Read more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/crisis-in-egy... /
    dixiegrrrrl Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Feb-05-11 11:34 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Wow..how do the people in Tahrir feel about that, I wonder?
    sufrommich Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Feb-05-11 11:35 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    2. Probably optimistic. nt
    nyy1998 (809 posts) Sat Feb-05-11 11:40 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    3. They should be, it's a good sign of progress. Hopefully these talks go somewhere nt
    Matilda Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-06-11 12:17 AM
    5. I don't see how the Muslim Brotherhood can be left out of talks.

They don't appear to be as extreme as the west might fear, and the big problem in negotiating with Sulieman alone is that he's Mubarak's choice.He wasn't elected by the people; he was appointed. We don't know his real agenda, and how much he is under Mubarak's sway.
    4saken (42 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Feb-06-11 12:45 AM
    Response to Reply #5
    7. That would certainly depend on how you define extreme.

"Pew found that 82% of Egyptians support stoning as a punishment for adultery, 84% favor the death penalty for Muslims who leave the religion"

And that is regarding the total population, not just those identified with the Muslim Brotherhood.

"The Brotherhood's stated goal is to instill the Qur'an and Sunnah as the "sole reference point for ... ordering the life of the Muslim family, individual, community ... and state"

Informing not only their own action's, but the state's ... not only directly, but strictly, with mythology and tradition. The utter rejection of reason when developing their convictions is scary indeed. Similarly seen by Christians in the US who want their Biblical law in the government. And should be kept as far from it as possible.

But how can the MB be involved in the negotiations?

I have it on good authority from our in house DUmmies that this was a grass roots popular uprising and that the Muslim Brotherhood wasn't involved!

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Either DUers don't have a clue about who the MB are, choise to ignore who they, or flly embrace them because they are anti-American, anti- Isreal and Antisemetic; or a combination of any of the three.

When the Middle East goes up in a blaze of glory, Moonbats wil be quick to point finger at everyone , but themselves, even thou they warned what would happen.

None of this is going to turn out well.

The dark storm is here.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Muslim Brotherhood agrees to talks with Egypt’s Suleiman
    What a marvelous idea. I'd invite them in and then arrest them. Schedule public executions, put them on pay for cable, solve a cash flow problem at the same time.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    What a marvelous idea. I'd invite them in and then arrest them. Schedule public executions, put them on pay for cable, solve a cash flow problem at the same time.

You would be the perfect strongman leader. Unfortunately, you were born in the wrong place to use your natural abilities!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You would be the perfect strongman leader. Unfortunately, you were born in the wrong place to use your natural abilities!
    Riiiight. Because allowing radical Islamo-fascists to take over a 30+ year ally is the preferred course in our foreign relations with Egypt.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Riiiight. Because allowing radical Islamo-fascists to take over a 30+ year ally is the preferred course in our foreign relations with Egypt.

I didn't say that, I was teasing Am Pat.

Its OK. I got it.
    ;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I didn't say that, I was teasing Am Pat.
    My bad...guess I missed the /sarc tag.

Let's hope the Islamists don't win.