Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Ex-Ambassador Left Luxembourg Embassy in 'State of Dysfunction,' Watchdog Finds 

Described as "aggressive, bullying, hostile, and intimidating," President Obama's ambassador to Luxembourg left the U.S. embassy there "in a state of dysfunction" and unable to carry out its duties after her recent exit, according to report released this week by the State Department Inspector General.

Cynthia Stroum, one of President Obama’s top 25 fundraisers -- a bundler who raised more than $500,000 for the his campaign -- was chosen for ambassador in 2009. Since then, auditors say her autocratic, bossy and demanding style led to complete failure of the embassy in Luxembourg's ability to function as an arm of the U.S. government in one of the world's smallest and wealthiest nations.

"Morale among Americans and local staff is very low, and stress levels are high," said the audit. "Most employees describe the Ambassador as aggressive, bullying, hostile, and intimidating, which has resulted in an extremely difficult, unhappy and uncertain work environment."

And "the apparent nonstop requirements from the Ambassador" compromised service and cost U.S. taxpayers dearly, according to the audit. A popular website among the foreign service, Diplopundit, calls the audit "The Horror Report of the Year."

Stroum, who had no apparent qualifications for the job, quit last week, citing business and family obligations. Sources tell Fox News the White House gave her no option after reading the scathing IG report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...Watchdog_Finds
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Can someone explain to me why we would need an ambassador to Luxembourg? Christ, the country is as big as my living room.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Can someone explain to me why we would need an ambassador to Luxembourg? Christ, the country is as big as my living room.
    You would think that with France and Germany on either side their embassy could cover down on a place like Luxembourg.

It would save the Government a nice chuck of change right now too.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    um...I think it just shows how much of a dipshit and flake Obama is to be hiring these flunkies, People got on Bush for having "yes men" well fuck, Obama's hired much worse as this shows

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    I understand it is merely windowdressing. A cushy little position that means the ambassador spends his/her time collecting wine, marking easy time and making sure that there are enough small US flags for the military graves there.

Fabulous Poster
    Come on, surely Luxembourg is the spiritual headquarters for the Roman Piso family or a Judeomasoniccommiebankingindustrialbilderbergillum inaticamerata conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Come on, surely Luxembourg is the spiritual headquarters for the Roman Piso family or a Judeomasoniccommiebankingindustrialbilderbergillum inaticamerata conspiracy.
    Or maybe a small country with another idiot appointee by O Blah Blah?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Yep, Obama hired friends who. like himself, aren't qualified or prepared. The Luxembourg gig has to be about as cushy it gets. Fund raising like community organizing doesn't automatically qualify one for much beyond fund raising and community organizing. And, they say Palin lacks experience.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    We need those ambassadorships as plums for political cronies. Most of them just go to the cushy spots and enjoy. This one was a reflection of Obama, bullying and arrogant.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    The Luxembourg gig has to be about as cushy it gets.
    No kidding. It's a lovely little country, very nice people, beautiful scenery, great food and wine, and very low taxation compared to the rest of Europe.

It takes a real idiot to fuck up a plumb posting like Stroum has. Most normal people would do their best to hang onto it.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.