Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 He's a dead guy. A fucking Dead Guy. He's been dead for the better part of a decade. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Ahhh yes...the "tolerant" members of DU.

cherokeeprogressive (1000+ posts) Sun Feb-06-11 02:11 AM
    Original message He's a dead guy. A fucking Dead Guy. He's been dead for the better part of a decade. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a bad day for lots of DU'ers. It won't be for me, and here's why: He's a dead guy.

When I have a job to do, a job that's been assigned to me by someone superior to me, I do the job. I don't bitch about it; I do the fucking job.

Our job, nay the job of our elected representatives, from Mayors to Governors to Congresscritters to the President is to clean up the mess that the Dead Guy left. Let's get on with the work and stop the bitching, the wailing, and the gnashing of teeth.

If tomorrow is going to be a bad day for you because of the way the M$M will be celebrating the life of a fucked up dead guy, I say turn off your TV. Go fishing. Go walking. Ride your bike or walk your dog. Walk your fucking cat if you want. Just turn it all off until Monday. Live in Seattle? Go for a ferry ride. I used to ride the Mulkiteo/Clinton ferry for hours on end when I lived on Whidbey Island. Live in Long Beach? Take the Water Taxi somewhere. Get away from it all is what I'm saying. Put it out of your mind, and avoid anything that takes you to where they're celebrating the dead guy's birthday.

What I can't say though, is if you're looking for a safe haven from the dead guy worship, come to DU. I can't say that because there will be a HUNDRED threads on DU tomorrow dedicated to the dead guy, in GD alone. A hundred or more in GDP. Probably more than a few in The Lounge as well. So if you're looking for refuge tomorrow from the flash flood of dead guy worship... DU won't be the place for you. DU'ers as a whole will be obsessed with the dead guy tomorrow and it will show by the number of threads deadicated to the dead guy, multiplied by the number of posts in those threads.

He's a dead guy. We can't reach into his grave, take him by his dead throat, and wring sense into him or change his outlook on life. What we CAN do though, is remember that he's a dead guy, and resign ourselves to the task of fixing the things he fucked up. That task could be comparable to cleaning a catbox with our teeth, but it is what it is. Fixing a dead guy's fuck ups is never an easy thing.

Stand tall tomorrow DU'ers. Stand tall, face the right direction, and move forward. We can do this in SPITE of the dead guy and those who want to celebrate his shitty life. It'll take some work, but I'm confident that DU'ers can do it.

I'll pledge right here and now that I won't click on ANY dead guy threads tomorrow, if I come here at all, no matter WHO starts them. Remember "let it sink"? Let dead guy threads sink tomorrow. Join me in boycotting the dead guy. You'll go to bed tomorrow night happier than you would be had you participated in hating a dead guy.

I love my DU friends. Take this rant for what it's worth... just another drunken ramble from some screwed up drunk person who cares not a whit about most dead people.

And have a Wonderful Day tomorrow. Make it so.

Their board is filling quickly with pure hate for President Reagan but I'd expect nothing less, after all, it's DU. The Hate Reagan threads might exceed the Egypt threads today!
    :eek:
    May the FORCE be with you!

The P***n moratorium isn't working out too well either.

They even have a combo Palin-Reagan thread. Truly the best of times. :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=103x586736

I love my DU friends. Take this rant for what it's worth... just another drunken ramble from some screwed up drunk person who cares not a whit about most dead people.
    Will Pitt?

Let's remind them Ted Kennedy has been sober for almost 2 years.

I seem to recall the DUmmies cheering n some idiot that had taken pictures of himself simulating taking a piss on Reagan's grave.

They will never...EVER let aything having to do with Ronaldus Magnus "go".

If they truly intended to do that they wouldn't post these silly threads.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Note to DUmmies Lenin and Marx are a couple of fucking dead guys too but you constantly worship at their altar and wish this country would be more like their vision of a Utopia
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Note to DUmmies Lenin and Marx are a couple of fucking dead guys too but you constantly worship at their altar and wish this country would be more like their vision of a Utopia
    I don't see articles and posts celebrating their birthday though. I haven't understood why Reagan supporters are doing this, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't see articles and posts celebrating their birthday though. I haven't understood why Reagan supporters are doing this, but to each their own.
    Your friends at DU celebrate them every day and wish we could be more like Russia.

The MSM promotes and supports policies and Politicians who want to push this country to be the next Soviet Union.

EVERY DAY is a celebration of Lenin and mark on the left.

We celebrate Reagan and his legacy because of what he did for this country and for the world. And for doing what 5 Presidents befoer him couldn't do. Defeat the Soviet Union without firing a shot and winning the cold war.

He pulled this country out of a financial and economic disaster we are now repeating under Obama.

And most of all he restored people's pride in this country after being told how awful we were for the last four years before he was elected.

I can only hope that as Democrat history is currently repeating itself...the aftermath of failed Liberal policies repeats itself as well.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    Let's remind them Ted Kennedy has been sober for almost 2 years.

Classic!!!!:D:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Lanie, not a cool thing to say on a conservative site on Reagan's 100th birthday.

That "to each his own" crack could have been omitted.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"