Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cut his d*ck off and burn him alive. Sicko! :mad:

Smiles? I think he's going to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Duncan killed her mother and two brothers but Shasta Groene was back with her dad.
    This article is pretty old:

http://www.komonews.com/news/7026772.html
    Cancer? How sad. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Perilloux View Post
    updated 48 minutes ago

Child killer smiles as he gets death sentence

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- Joseph Edward Duncan III was sentenced to death for the 2005 kidnapping, torture and murder of a northern Idaho boy after the federal jury deliberated just three hours. The jurors' recommendation was binding on U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge, who thanked them, dismissed them and then issued the sentence Wednesday. Duncan showed no reaction, but he did smile as the verdict was passed to the judge.

<<Snip<<

Duncan murdered 13-year-old Slade Groene; his mother, Brenda Groene; and her fiancé, Mark McKenzie, in their Coeur d'Alene home. He then kidnapped Dylan and his then-8-year-old sister, Shasta Groene.

Duncan took the two deep into the Montana wilderness, where he sexually abused and tortured them for weeks. He ultimately shot Dylan point-blank in the head while Shasta watched. He was arrested after returning with Shasta to Coeur d'Alene, where a waitress recognized the girl as the two ate at a Denny's restaurant.

Duncan pleaded guilty to the three Idaho murders in state court in 2006. In January 2007, the federal government charged him with 10 felonies for the trauma he inflicted on Dylan and Shasta. Duncan pleaded guilty in December to those charges. Duncan also could face execution on state counts in the other three killings.

Good.
    I know dead's dead and the death penalty is the death penalty. I haven't followed the case and the article didn't say, but I'm curious how this ended up in a Federal Court?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Kidnapping?
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Does anyone know where the kids are now and how they're doing?:(
    There is a video on you tube of the girl, but I'm not sure how recent. it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBKEFZ-FPY
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I know dead's dead and the death penalty is the death penalty. I haven't followed the case and the article didn't say, but I'm curious how this ended up in a Federal Court?
    Kidnapping and crossing state lines.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Kidnapping and crossing state lines.
    Kidnapping and crossing state lines to commit sexual assault on a minor.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    There is a video on you tube of the girl, but I'm not sure how recent. it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBKEFZ-FPY
    Poor kid. I couldn't even watch it. I wonder how many times she wakes up screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    I know, it seems like every day a child is abducted and raped and/or killed. The world can be a dark place...
    It can be an even darker place if you have the misfortune to live in a country with no death penalty. Here in the European Union, child sex attackers have more rights than there victims.

The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that the death penalty is a "human rights violation".

The European Court of Human Rights has also ruled that life in prison is a "human rights violation".

Be sure to share this information with your liberal work colleagues next time they say "We should be more like Europe".
    Find out what is really happening in Europe: what the European leaders don't want you to read

http://www.free-europe.org/blog/english.php

I support victims rights

http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/