1. #1 “Rewriting Ronald Reagan: How the Media Have Worked to Distort, Dismantle and Destroy 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Liberal News Media Still Rewriting Reagan’s Legacy, Says Media Research Center
    snip
    “Rewriting Ronald Reagan: How the Media Have Worked to Distort, Dismantle and Destroy His Legacy” is a 24-page compilation of quotes and headlines from notable liberal personalities and publications ranging from Tom Brokaw and Bryant Gumbel to the Washington Post and Newswee
    snip
    Reagan the Man
    Ronald Reagan had charm. He had likeability. He had popularity. He had optimism. The liberal media acknowledged all of these features about Reagan. But they also thought he wasn’t intelligent, among other things, according to the report.
    snip
    The Reaganomics Recovery
    When Reagan entered office he faced high unemployment (9.5 percent) and even higher inflation (13.5 percent). With the assistance of Federal Reserve Bank Chairman Paul Volcker, Reagan brought down inflation to 4.1 percent and unemployment to 5.2 percent.

According to the MRC report, “Under Reagan, the number of jobs increased by almost 20 million; median family income rose every year from 1982 to 1989. It was the greatest peacetime expansion in American history. Charitable giving more than doubled, to more than $100 billion in 1988.”
    snip
    Such discontent with his activities was exemplified in the press in headlines such as this one from Nov. 13, 1988 in the Washington Post: “Underlying Flaws in Economy Mar Legacy of Reagan Years: Despite Successes on Inflation and Jobs, Problems of Deficits, Productivity, Wealth, Savings and Other Indices Cloud Outlook for Future.”
    snip
    The report quotes, among others, liberal Bill Moyers, who commented on Reagan after PBS re-aired a 1982 CBS “People Like Us” program on June 20, 1989:.....“As this decade comes to a close, the United States has the highest rate of poverty in theindustrial world, 32 million poor people and no one knows exactly how many of them are hungry and homeless. So that ‘shining city on a hill’ of which President Reagan spoke in
    his farewell address remains to these Americans a mirage and will remain so until we
    come to see them -- men, women and children -- as people like us.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...ewriting-ronal

I loved Reagan. The guy made the Russians think he was crazy. Remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I loved Reagan. The guy made the Russians think he was crazy. Remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos
    Who could forget it. I remember when I heard it for the first time. I thought that it was an SNL sketch or something, but when I found out that he'd really said it, I doubled over again. Can anyone imagine Jimmy Carter or Obama having the stones to joke about our enemies like that?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!