1. #1 Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Mormons, Sikhs and Hindus Fight Homosexual "Marriage" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Mormons, Sikhs and Hindus Join to Fight Homosexual "Marriage"

- California churches are joining together in a determined effort in support of Proposition 8, the November ballot referendum that opposes the California Supreme Court's ruling in May allowing same-sex marriages to be performed in the state. Organizers of the ambitious interfaith alliance plan to coordinate a synchronized expression of support of Proposition 8 by having 1 million people place signs on their yards, which say "Yes on Proposition 8", in unison late in September. "This is a rising up over a 5,000-year-old institution that is being hammered right now," said Jim Garlow, pastor...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08082705.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Mormons, Sikhs and Hindus Join to Fight Homosexual "Marriage"

- California churches are joining together in a determined effort in support of Proposition 8, the November ballot referendum that opposes the California Supreme Court's ruling in May allowing same-sex marriages to be performed in the state. Organizers of the ambitious interfaith alliance plan to coordinate a synchronized expression of support of Proposition 8 by having 1 million people place signs on their yards, which say "Yes on Proposition 8", in unison late in September. "This is a rising up over a 5,000-year-old institution that is being hammered right now," said Jim Garlow, pastor...

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08082705.html
    And DU is livid over this.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    5,000 year old institution? For the first 4,800 years it bears absolutely no resemblance to the modern institution. Marriage has changed and morphed just as much as any part of human culture. Only in modern times have we had the luxury of actually marrying out of love.

If we really want to stay true to the original institution, we should be forcing girls to marry as soon as they hit puberty (and knock them up asap) into polygamist households. I hardly think gay marriage does anything to tarnish the reputation of the 'institution'....

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    5,000 year old institution? For the first 4,800 years it bears absolutely no resemblance to the modern institution. Marriage has changed and morphed just as much as any part of human culture. Only in modern times have we had the luxury of actually marrying out of love.

If we really want to stay true to the original institution, we should be forcing girls to marry as soon as they hit puberty (and knock them up asap) into polygamist households. I hardly think gay marriage does anything to tarnish the reputation of the 'institution'....
    Hey, cut the Bronze Age cultists some slack. They can't very well go after witches these days. They would look silly.

:D
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Hey, cut the Bronze Age cultists some slack. They can't very well go after witches these days. They would look silly.

:D
    Nope, we're to busy getting the fires stoked for the blasphemers.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Nope, we're to busy getting the fires stoked for the blasphemers.

You know, the adulterers are going to feel left out.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post

werd. :)

It is nice to see all religions coming together instead of fighting though.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You know, the adulterers are going to feel left out.
    They are often a threat to marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    werd. :)

It is nice to see all religions coming together instead of fighting though.
    It's nice to see all religions coming together instead of fighting but it's not so nice to see them coming together against the gays.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas