Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Sinister Sites The Denver International Airport 
    An apocalyptic horse with glowing red eyes welcoming visitors? Check.

Nightmarish murals? Check.

Strange words and symbols embedded in the floor? Check.

Gargoyles sitting in suitcases? Check.

Runways shaped like a Nazi swastika? Check.

OK, this place is evil.

But seriously, there are so many irregularities surrounding the DIA, that a voluminous book could be written on the subject. The facilities and the art displayed lead many observers to believe that the DIA is much more than an airport: it is literally a New-Age cathedral, full of occult symbolism and references to secret societies. The art at the DIA is NOT an aggregation of odd choices made by people with poor taste, like many people think. It is a cohesive collection of symbolic pieces that reflect the philosophy, the beliefs and the goals of the global elite. The DIA is the largest airport in America and it has cost over 4.8 billion dollars. Everything regarding this airport has been meticulously planned and everything is there for a reason. ...
    Thank you for flying with Beelzebub Airlines

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    It's very ugly. and the murals are more than a little disturbing. Wonder what the significance of the 'veins' on the horse are...and that AWFUL shot from the rear?

Who came up with the idea for this design. I don't see that in the information? It says the contractors were fired so that no one has a clear picture of the overall.

from wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_...al_Airport#Art Note how they deal with the conspiracy theorists. Whatever the truth is. Those are some pretty ugly murals and disturbing to say the least.
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 02-10-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Power CUer
    I've never been to this airport, so I'll wait for someone who has to weigh in on this.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I've never been to this airport, so I'll wait for someone who has to weigh in on this.
    I'm hoping Ginger has an eye witness report of the airport of the beast. :D

Yes, I've been there many times. The horse is nicknamed "Diablo" and it did kill it's creator and it's responsible for thousands of horrified, crying children. The piece is very incongruous because as you drive up to the airport, you have to pass by many idyllic nature scenes featuring wild deer and elk and then suddenly - the giant blue demon horse with the glowing eyeballs. :eek:

The murals have been analyzed by hundreds of people and none of them seem to come away with happy-happy joy-joy feelings. There are entire sections of conspiracy websites devoted to the murals and the floor designs. People think the runways are in the form of a swastika. There are always on-going petitions and groups trying to get the horse and murals removed.

Power CUer
    It seems to me that the runways in a "swastika" pattern would maximize takeoff and landing efficiency, but it doesn't make as good a story as the Nazi connection.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It seems to me that the runways in a "swastika" pattern would maximize takeoff and landing efficiency, but it doesn't make as good a story as the Nazi connection.
    No kidding. Personally, I think the airport has that generic 1990s public-building-feel to it: it's impersonal, filled with bad art, and the spaces aren't human-scale or epic. Th exterior is impressive/whimsical, especially looking west, though.

Of course you would say that for you are the spelling Nazi, heil Linda!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No kidding. Personally, I think the airport has that generic 1990s public-building-feel to it: it's impersonal, filled with bad art, and the spaces aren't human-scale or epic. Th exterior is impressive/whimsical, especially looking west, though.
    And how better to disguise the portal to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    And how better to disguise the portal to Hell.
    Well, you do have a point there. I mean, that would be a pretty good contemporary description of Hell, wouldn't it? :eek: