Thread: Scientists Report Further Shrinking of Arctic Ice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    No. Not for another hundred years, maybe more. Another of the "climate scientists" claims is that we "only have ten years left"...we had "ten years left" in 2002, we had "ten years left" in 2006 we had "ten years left"...
    For someone who claims that the science isn't settled, you seem certain that global warming is not the result of human activities. I've acknowledged that I might be wrong about global warming. Do you acknowledge that you might be wrong about global warming?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Resident Grump
    For someone who claims that the science isn't settled, you seem certain that global warming is not the result of human activities. I've acknowledged that I might be wrong about global warming. Do you acknowledge that you might be wrong about global warming?
    I admit that I take the whole thing with a pinch of salt the size of Lots wife. I am more cynical of the AGW crap because I have heard it all before.

I don't listen to panic mongers or doomsayers, Gore lied, so anything he says is suspect, the IPCC has their own bullshit agendas, and I trust the UN about as far as I'd trust Bill Clinton to keep it zipped for five minutes at a time.

I find it funny that no one made a peep out of this before Gore's movie, so that leads me to the conclusion this is all hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I've acknowledged that I might be wrong about global warming. Do you acknowledge that you might be wrong about global warming?
    Thanks for the attempt. But trying to teach a chimp to play a Stradivarius is a waste of resource, my friend. ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I find it funny that no one made a peep out of this before Gore's movie, so that leads me to the conclusion this is all hysteria.
    Not true. The first IPCC Assessment Report came out in 1990. An Inconvenient Truth came out in 2006.

Scientists have been studying global warming for long time but the media has only recently begun to report their findings.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 08-28-2008 at 08:09 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Banned
    He's a liar, this report is bullshit, Man has little or nothing to do with it, its a natural occurrence and there is no call for more panic merchanting.
    The people who are actually athorities on this subject say different. And I'm not talking about Al Gore.

He is full of it, and the "sea ice" report is just more scaremongering.
    The sea ice report is just a report on the sea ice for fucks sake. A pretty historical and significant climate event, no matter what the cause.

Funny, I dont remember seeing this crap before Gore opened his big yap..now everyone is on the gravy train...there was another "scientific report" that advised that the Loch Ness monster was dead because of global warming.

Go peddle it on DU.
    I think Al Gore is full of shit, and that AGW is likely. Science doesn't work by party affiliation.
    Last edited by wilbur; 08-28-2008 at 11:53 AM.