Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House 
    Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.

Among the most explosive revelations in the 341-page book, titled “What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington’s Culture of Deception” (Public Affairs, $27.95):

• McClellan charges that Bush relied on “propaganda” to sell the war.

• He says the White House press corps was too easy on the administration during the run-up to the war.

• He admits that some of his own assertions from the briefing room podium turned out to be “badly misguided.”

• The longtime Bush loyalist also suggests that two top aides held a secret West Wing meeting to get their story straight about the CIA leak case at a time when federal prosecutors were after them — and McClellan was continuing to defend them despite mounting evidence they had not given him all the facts.
    Link

Read more..

Everything I've read so far says that the people who know McClellan well say that this book sounds nothing like him.

It all sounds so strange. He sure appears to have done a 180 about Bush and his policies.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Chimpeachment Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

I'd like to read this book. I wonder what his credibility really is? Personally I didn't care a bit about WMD. I wanted retribution for 9/11 and Afghanistan just didn't cut it. And yes, I know that is not an emotion to be proud of. But at least I am honest.

But then I would never aspire to be president. Maybe a president should be a little less knee-jerk? It's a hard one, measuring the need for revenge against what the Bible tells me.

GD

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Everything I've read so far says that the people who know McClellan well say that this book sounds nothing like him.

It all sounds so strange. He sure appears to have done a 180 about Bush and his policies.
    His Mom ran for governor here in Texas. They are a rather bizaar family. Pod people perhaps.

This is unsettling. It has a Dick Morris feel to it. It is just wrong and unprofessional to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by du freeper View Post
    His Mom ran for governor here in Texas. They are a rather bizaar family. Pod people perhaps.

Carole Strayhorn was a Dem, then Republican and then ran as an Independent. Screwy folks.

I went back and read some of the "leaving" interviews Scott Mcclellan gave, He definitely lied one time or the other! Wonder why he stayed there so long if he was so disgusted??

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Carole Strayhorn was a Dem, then Republican and then ran as an Independent. Screwy folks.

I went back and read some of the "leaving" interviews Scott Mcclellan gave, He definitely lied one time or the other! Wonder why he stayed there so long if he was so disgusted??
    McClellan never really looked comfortable in the position to me.

Now if Tony Snow writes a tell-all book... :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Heard that McClellan was asked to leave---didn't leave of his own volition. Perhaps it is truly sour grapes. If you check Periloux's article, there is a strong hint of a Soros connection. That could explain it. Hope he gets a lot of money to compensate for the total loss of trust in him professionally. I think he will be a pariah for a long, long time.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The Today co-anchor ignores the Possible McClellan-Soros Connection

—Vieira failed to pursue the line Was George Soros behind the publication .The questioning that could have put matters in an explosive new light.

Was George Soros behind the publication of Scott McClellan's book? Meredith Vieira had the perfect opportunity this morning to find out—but chose to punt. The Today co-anchor certainly had the time: her much-touted exclusive interview with the author of What Happened ranged over the show's first two half-hours. But even when McClellan himself put the issue on the table—citing his publisher by name and alluding to its philosophy—Vieira failed to pursue a line of questioning that could have put matters in an explosive new light.snip
    As MRC's Brent Baker has detailed, McClellan's publisher, PublicAffairs:

is part of the Perseus Books Group, which also owns Nation Books, “a project of The Nation Institute” which publishes the magazine of the same name, and Vanguard Press, whose home page now features The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, a new book by Vincent Bugliosi that “presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq.”

Baker also notes that PublicAffairs is the publisher of no fewer than six books by Soros himself, and that McClellan's editor, Peter Osnos, who acknowledges having "worked very closely" with the author, is a liberal pundit in his own right.

Finally, Little Green Footballs has documented that there are several Perseus companies that actually include "Soros" as part of their name, as in Perseus-Soros Management, LLC.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-fi...ros-connection