Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No. :p They choked against the Twins, Blue Jays, and Yankees(x2) and got whupped by a completely inferior Phillies team in 1993 and 6 out of the last 7 playoff appearances, they couldn't even get out of the divisional round.
    In the last 20 years.....

Braves

14 Division Titles
    4 World Series Appearances
    1 World Series Title

Phillies

5 Division Titles
    3 World Series Appearances
    1 World Series Title
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post

Braves

14 Division Titles
    1 World Series Title

Phillies

5 Division Titles
    1 World Series Title

Let's see one less WS appearance in only a third of the times lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Let's see one less WS appearance in only a third of the times lol
    And how many last place finishes? How many times complatetly missing the playoffs? There's something to be said about consistency. Over the past 20 years, the phillies avg. finish in the division is 3rd. They've also finished with a losing record 11 times over the past 20 years.

The Braves avg.finish in the division is 1.85 . We've had 3 losing seasons in 20 years. We've missed the playoffs 5 times.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The Braves are more of the Broncos, they're not 0'fer in the championships department. The Phillies are more like the Saints.
    Really? Because in my lifetime, the Phillies have more World Championships than the Braves and just as many pennants.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

And how many last place finishes? How many times complatetly missing the playoffs? There's something to be said about consistency. Over the past 20 years, the phillies avg. finish in the division is 3rd. They've also finished with a losing record 11 times over the past 20 years.

The Braves avg.finish in the division is 1.85 . We've had 3 losing seasons in 20 years. We've missed the playoffs 5 times.
    But all of those division championships mean nothing without a World Championship. All that means is that while the Phillies failed to win at an 80% clip while the Braves failed to win at a 93% clip. Oh, and lest I remind you that the Braves had a 7 game lead as of July 22, 2010 and ended up finishing 6 games out. That's a 13 game turnaround in 10 weeks. That's far worse than the Phils collapse in 1964.

Oh, and I need to add that if you go back to 1985, the Braves finished either 5th or 6th 6 straight seasons. The Phils were never that bad.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 02-15-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But all of those division championships mean nothing without a World Championship. All that means is that while the Phillies failed to win at an 80% clip while the Braves failed to win at a 93% clip. Oh, and lest I remind you that the Braves had a 7 game lead as of July 22, 2010 and ended up finishing 6 games out. That's a 13 game turnaround in 10 weeks. That's far worse than the Phils collapse in 1964.

Oh, and I need to add that if you go back to 1985, the Braves finished either 5th or 6th 6 straight seasons. The Phils were never that bad.
    That was the Phillies team that should have never been behind anyone that late in the year, much less the hapless Braves.

That was the Phillies team that should have never been behind anyone that late in the year, much less the hapless Braves.
    Huh. Let's see: Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Placido Polanco, Shane Victorino, Carlos Ruiz, Brad Lidge, Ryan Madsen, Chad Durbin, all spent time on the DL and some, including 3/4 of the infield, were on at the same time. The fact that we kept it close with guys like Ross Gload, Wilson Valdez, Juan Castro, Dominic Brown, Ben Francisco, Mike Sweeney, Brian Schneider, John Mayberry, among others STARTING for extended periods of time is astounding. All you guys lost was an aging Chipper Jones.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    ya'll need to quit you're bitching...at lest the Philly's and Braves have been in the Playoffs...Brewers have had TWO playoff berths in the last 30 and only one resulted in a WS berth

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia

Braves

14 Division Titles
    1 World Series Title

Phillies

5 Division Titles
    1 World Series Title
    Bingo. And the Braves will be the Giants of 2011. It will be a grand year!!!
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Bingo. And the Braves will be the Giants of 2011. It will be a grand year!!!
    Dan Uggla should be a great addition to the lineup. Of course it doesn't matter, the only team that can keep the Phillies from going 162 - 0 is the Phillies.