Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But all of those division championships mean nothing without a World Championship. All that means is that while the Phillies failed to win at an 80% clip while the Braves failed to win at a 93% clip.
    So the team that loses the World Series is worse than the team that doesn't make it? By that rationale, 2009 Braves > 2009 Phillies. Only losers make it to the world series and lose. The real winners are the ones who didn't even go.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Huh. Let's see: Jimmy Rollins, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Placido Polanco, Shane Victorino, Carlos Ruiz, Brad Lidge, Ryan Madsen, Chad Durbin, all spent time on the DL and some, including 3/4 of the infield, were on at the same time. The fact that we kept it close with guys like Ross Gload, Wilson Valdez, Juan Castro, Dominic Brown, Ben Francisco, Mike Sweeney, Brian Schneider, John Mayberry, among others STARTING for extended periods of time is astounding. All you guys lost was an aging Chipper Jones.

Boy rebel you've just been spanked, just like the braves are going to be ;)

Now if we can trade Howard to the cards for their first basemen :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Boy rebel you've just been spanked, just like the braves are going to be ;)

Now if we can trade Howard to the cards for their first basemen :D
    But you didn't win the World Series. Apparently, by Phillies' standards, it was all for nothing. Because, if we've learned anything, it's that the Phillies' fans expect World Series titles every year. I guess when you win 2 in history, you get used to winning it every year? ONLY the Yankees can expect to win every year.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    But you didn't win the World Series. Apparently, by Phillies' standards, it was all for nothing. Because, if we've learned anything, it's that the Phillies' fans expect World Series titles every year. I guess when you win 2 in history, you get used to winning it every year? ONLY the Yankees can expect to win every year.

I think injuries cost us the WS last year our hitters just were'nt the same. Dont fret there is always the wildcard for you guys ;)

I think injuries cost us the WS last year our hitters just were'nt the same. Dont fret there is always the wildcard for you guys ;)
    Who knows, after last year, durability may be problem for y'all. All those injured players are a year older.

Who knows, after last year, durability may be problem for y'all. All those injured players are a year older.
    with these pitchers we dont have to score more then 3 runs a game to win ;)

with these pitchers we dont have to score more then 3 runs a game to win ;)
    That was the thought last year, too. Then in the playoffs, you didn't. :)

So the team that loses the World Series is worse than the team that doesn't make it? By that rationale, 2009 Braves > 2009 Phillies. Only losers make it to the world series and lose. The real winners are the ones who didn't even go.
    Nobody remembers who's 2nd best. Unless you fail miserably like the Braves did 13 of 14 seasons. Oh, and please point out where I said that the team that doesn't go is better than a team that does. However, as I said, a vastly inferior Phillies team spanked the Braves in '93. And you were quick to point out all those losing Phillies seasons yet I seem to recall that before 1991, the Braves spent a lot of time in the bottom half of the West. Teams go through peaks and valleys all the time. But as good as the Braves were, I'd be real upset if my team kept on getting into the playoffs year after year and could only manage to win the big one against a team that were bigger choke artists than the Braves.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Oh, and please point out where I said that the team that doesn't go is better than a team that does.
    Originally Posted by NJCardFan
    But all of those division championships mean nothing without a World Championship. All that means is that while the Phillies failed to win at an 80% clip while the Braves failed to win at a 93% clip.
    By that rationale, it's better to go to less World Series.

I'm heading out to Salt River Fields tomorrow for the D-back Spring Training home opener. So stoked! Beer, brats, and baseball--does life get any better? I don't believe so. :D
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion