1. #1 Police, Hotel Say Monica Conyers Part Of 'Disturbance' 
    Police, Hotel Say Monica Conyers Part Of 'Disturbance'
    Police were called to quell a "disturbance" at a Denver hotel between Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers and staff, according to a hotel spokeswoman.

Dana Berry, spokeswoman for Magnolia Hotel, told the Detroit News an officer assigned to the hotel during the Democratic National Convention had to call for additional police assistance around 4 and 5 p.m. after a heated argument erupted between Conyers and staff about a hotel room.

Berry said Conyers complained that the original room she was given Monday night could not accommodate her family and she became upset when staff members tried to remove Conyers' belongings from the suite.

Denver police issued the following statement to Local 4: "A dispute took place and our officers responded to the hotel. We are told hotel guests became upset by the loud outbursts. No charges were filed, but additional officers were called to help control congressman Conyers wife, Monica.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/17311644/detail.html

DU hero has wife problems

Indictment Appears Likely for Detroit Councilwoman Conyers

Detroit City Council member Monica Conyers, the wife of U.S. Rep. John Conyers, is under investigation by the FBI and could be indicted this month, several sources told BlackAmericaWeb.com.

“She may be indicted soon,” a source familiar with the process said. “It’s not if – but when.”
    Poor Detroit

Editorial
    Don't be too quick to breathe a sigh of relief when Gov. Jennifer Granholm finally removes Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Why? Two words: Monica Conyers.

I'm not saying Conyers is crazy. But her behavior is so consistently erratic that she's guaranteed to keep the embarrassing spotlight focused tightly on Detroit long after Kilpatrick is gone.
    When the accommodations at the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Denver didn't meet her majesty's expectations, she pitched a hellacious fit in the lobby that reportedly escalated into a sit-in.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

noonwitch
    It's looking like the governor is going to remove Kwame next week, which makes Ken Cockrel, Jr the acting mayor and Monica the acting city council president, unless the feds arrest her for corruption first.

It won't be for long, though, because once Kwame's out, the governor will set a new election date for a mayor (probably after the holidays), and if Cockerel doesn't run, he'll go back to his seat as President of the city council, and she will revert back to the president pro-tem.

Ken Cockrel (the guy Monica called Shrek) is a good guy. The rumor is that Dave Bing (former Piston and successful businessman) is going to run. I don't think Coleman A Young II (aka Joel Loving) is ready, yet-he's serving in the Michigan house right now.

I don't vote in the city, but if I had voted in the 2001 primaries, I would have actually voted for the only republican in the race. He should run again-Bill Brooks, a former GM executive. He was endorsed by the way left Metro Times because he was the only candidate willing to say that Detroit's biggest problem was the poverty of it's residents. Everyone else was dancing around it. I thought his realism made him the best candidate.