Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 CBS News' Lara Logan Sexually Assaulted During Egypt Protests 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar

On Friday February 11, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a "60 Minutes" story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.

In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

There will be no further comment from CBS News and Correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

LINK
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    well surprise surprise. I'm sure they'll be called...pro-mubarak rioters. heh?

Damned shame. I seldom watch CBS news, but have seen her and give her credit for having guts to go some of the places she's been.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

This can't be true, Obama said this was a peaceful demonstration!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post

On Friday February 11, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a "60 Minutes" story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.

In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

There will be no further comment from CBS News and Correspondent Logan and her family respectfully request privacy at this time.

LINK
    These news people are out of their mind.These people are animals in a rage and white American woman are particularly vulnerable to this raging mob ,She extremely fortunate to be alive !

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    there really was not surprise that this could happen. She's a hot white woman, tempers and emotions spiking....bound to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Damned shame. I seldom watch CBS news, but have seen her and give her credit for having guts to go some of the places she's been.

That's not guts. THat pure unadulterated stupidity and anything for the cause. These are not isolated incidents. Western women have been enduring this for QUITE awhile and it is kept very quiet. Not PC you know.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    there really was not surprise that this could happen. She's a hot white woman, tempers and emotions spiking....bound to happen
    Only with uncontrollable animals.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    all she has to be is western. This is not necessarily temper and emotion spiking. This is common for muslims. They have a different way of living, thinking...I think their brains are wired differently. I think they've figured us out, but the majority of people in the west do not have the capacity of understanding how they think. It's just too weird.

Banned
    Little liberal Lara might have a different view of those peace loving Muslims and how they treat women after the rough treatment she received. I doubt it though.