Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    And witty too! The fabulousness doesn't stop.
    You are a little off your game tonight, what's the matter?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You're superior to people losing their homes.

You're just terrific, aren't you?
    Sure he is and could probably buy and sell you many times over. I know I could. BTW, what does your faggot comment have to do with buying a house????? You need physiatric help because you have to bring your queerness into this thread which just highlights your inferiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Sure he is and could probably buy and sell you many times over. I know I could. BTW, what does your faggot comment have to do with buying a house????? You need physiatric help because you have to bring your queerness into this thread which just highlights your inferiority complex.
    Well that just goes to show that money can't buy happiness because you are one bitter, angry person.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Well that just goes to show that money can't buy happiness because you are one bitter, angry person.
    Is red the pip of happiness?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Actually, I think lacarnut is one happy camper as is Rob.

The idea that you have to delay gratification in order to secure a relatively stable financial life isn't exactly rocket science and it's not bad advice.

Mr. Snaps and I bought our first house in a degenerate, drug-infested part of Denver where every other store front was empty at the time. However, either one of us could make the payments if the other became unemployed or died and it was on 4 major bus routes in case our only car went tits up. The real estate person tried to relentlessly up-sell us because of our credit and the down payment we'd saved.

Good thing we didn't let her since Mr. Snaps was laid-off and our car did go tits up.

Sure, we weren't living where we wanted to live and we weren't going on vacations and buying toys or entertainment during those years but our strategy paid off. Saving up money to buy toys or luxuries instead of using credit is smart. Buying the crummy starter home instead of the more expensive new house is smart. Planning for setbacks and home disasters is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Is red the pip of happiness?
    It's the scarlet L.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Actually, I think lacarnut is one happy camper as is Rob.
    Happy people don't act like douchebags.

The idea that you have to delay gratification in order to secure a relatively stable financial life isn't exactly rocket science and it's not bad advice.

Mr. Snaps and I bought our first house in a degenerate, drug-infested part of Denver where every other store front was empty at the time. However, either one of us could make the payments if the other became unemployed or died and it was on 4 major bus routes in case our only car went tits up. The real estate person tried to relentlessly up-sell us because of our credit and the down payment we'd saved.

Good thing we didn't let her since Mr. Snaps was laid-off and our car did go tits up.

Sure, we weren't living where we wanted to live and we weren't going on vacations and buying toys or entertainment during those years but our strategy paid off. Saving up money to buy toys or luxuries instead of using credit is smart. Buying the crummy starter home instead of the more expensive new house is smart. Planning for setbacks and home disasters is smart.
    I believe this is a smart way to deal with home ownership. It is one that I follow.

Happy people don't act like douchebags.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the latest psychology research has demolished that particular bit of interpersonal mythology. :p

But back to the topic.

Banned
    Quite the contrary. I am very happy. Douche-bags like you and Nova need to stay on topic which is buying a house. Your boy brought his queerness into the conversation. SEE POST # 13 Asshole.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 02-17-2011 at 12:29 PM.

I LOL'D

You HAVE NO FUCKIN' CLUE ABOUT HIM!

Calling Lacarnut bitter is like calling gold worthless...

/ hi-jack
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot