There are risks to being an uppity woman. The down side of being a role model is that women who act like they own the place inevitably tick people off as much as they inspire.

Lara Logan, the glamorous and seemingly fearless CBS Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent who was attacked last Friday in Cairo during the moments of chaos following President Hosni Mubarak's resignation, is the kind of woman who gets noticed. She has one of the hardest and most prestigious jobs in journalism and she got it in spite of, or because of,

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02...erous-bravado/

She got caught in a post Friday Prayers blood lust aimed at infidels. Jews have been the recipients for a long time. Her assailants called her a Jew while they were assaulting her.

The crazy thing is that even though she is a lib, my blood is boiling over this attack. She, better than most knew this was a very likely scenario, but with all of her so called journalist ethics, she never covered that brutal rape is a fact of life in the religion of peace. As a "Kafir" she was a fair target under their merciful religion.
Boy of boy the left's attacks on this poor woman is beyond reviling.Who do they think she is,Sarah Palin? The idiot professor calls her a warmonger,more or less insinuating she deserved it and rolled his eyes at the thought of her gaining notoriety over it..

But is this also a deflection from who Egyptian men really are? Mindless women abusers? Was she being attacked because they thought she was Jewish? Did you know she was interrogated for being an Israeli spy?

Absolutely there's huge risks going into an area like this but do you expect a fairly modern country to have a bunch of barbarians?
Who cares! The fact that she's a talking head is why the attention. How about the christians being murdere, oh, you haven't heard aout that?
It's the whole Burka / Hijab thing. It is axiomatic in Arab Culture that men cannot be heald responsible if evil women show too much ankle or.....eye brow.
You won't hear this "Slander" from the media but trust me, I'm here livin' it.
Liberal women reporters, who support Moslem terrorist in the daily news, got a real hard lesson into the true nature of their favorites.

Sad that they had to learn in this nasty brutal way.

They just won't focus on the animals who attacked her. They are merely the vehicle for 'her' story. Disgusting article.
The MSM will make it all about her so we'll forget the real story: Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood thugs are taking over.
I understand that she made some public comments about something that swerved from the strict liberal line. Libs treat such 'betrayers' the same way Muslims treat those who defame Islam.
It's hard to disagree with any of the above posts...y'all are spot on in different ways.

My thought is that CBS is right now gathering in their board rooms to see how they can spin this into viewership and ratings.

Personally, I wish the lady well and hope she recovers emotionally as well as physically.
Imagine were this a daughter of yours, your mom, sister or friend.
This is a nightmare she will NEVER get over.
.l............................
Am I reading the same article that some of the posters read above? This was not a glowing report on the woman who was brutally attacked and gang raped. In fact, there are parts of it that are truly smarmy.

I do not agree with Lara's politics. But as a woman, I cannot imagine how different her life will be after such an experience. She will never be the same. Never.

Before anyone starts harping that this has become "her" story, think for a moment of the horror of what she went through. Honestly, I think I would have rather been killed than have to live with those memories.

You are no better than an extreme left liberal if you cannot have at least enough class and dignity to rise above politics in this situation and truly wrap your head around the horror of this woman's experience.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Poster No. 11 is spot on! The woman who wrote this is no "sister in arms" with Lara Logan or any other female without a left bent...
The MSM made the Egyptians out to be heroic pro-democracy protestors.Surprise, surprise, one of their own who espoused this nonsense learned the true nature of these animals. (BTW, this is why the Israeli army doesn't send their women soldiers into combat.)