Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Was Lara Logan's Bravery Dangerous Bravado? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    There are risks to being an uppity woman. The down side of being a role model is that women who act like they own the place inevitably tick people off as much as they inspire.

Lara Logan, the glamorous and seemingly fearless CBS Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent who was attacked last Friday in Cairo during the moments of chaos following President Hosni Mubarak's resignation, is the kind of woman who gets noticed. She has one of the hardest and most prestigious jobs in journalism and she got it in spite of, or because of,

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02...erous-bravado/

She got caught in a post Friday Prayers blood lust aimed at infidels. Jews have been the recipients for a long time. Her assailants called her a Jew while they were assaulting her.

The crazy thing is that even though she is a lib, my blood is boiling over this attack. She, better than most knew this was a very likely scenario, but with all of her so called journalist ethics, she never covered that brutal rape is a fact of life in the religion of peace. As a "Kafir" she was a fair target under their merciful religion.
    Boy of boy the left's attacks on this poor woman is beyond reviling.Who do they think she is,Sarah Palin? The idiot professor calls her a warmonger,more or less insinuating she deserved it and rolled his eyes at the thought of her gaining notoriety over it..

But is this also a deflection from who Egyptian men really are? Mindless women abusers? Was she being attacked because they thought she was Jewish? Did you know she was interrogated for being an Israeli spy?

Absolutely there's huge risks going into an area like this but do you expect a fairly modern country to have a bunch of barbarians?
    Who cares! The fact that she's a talking head is why the attention. How about the christians being murdere, oh, you haven't heard aout that?
    It's the whole Burka / Hijab thing. It is axiomatic in Arab Culture that men cannot be heald responsible if evil women show too much ankle or.....eye brow.
    You won't hear this "Slander" from the media but trust me, I'm here livin' it.
    Liberal women reporters, who support Moslem terrorist in the daily news, got a real hard lesson into the true nature of their favorites.

Sad that they had to learn in this nasty brutal way.

They just won't focus on the animals who attacked her. They are merely the vehicle for 'her' story. Disgusting article.
    The MSM will make it all about her so we'll forget the real story: Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood thugs are taking over.
    I understand that she made some public comments about something that swerved from the strict liberal line. Libs treat such 'betrayers' the same way Muslims treat those who defame Islam.
    It's hard to disagree with any of the above posts...y'all are spot on in different ways.

My thought is that CBS is right now gathering in their board rooms to see how they can spin this into viewership and ratings.

Personally, I wish the lady well and hope she recovers emotionally as well as physically.
    Imagine were this a daughter of yours, your mom, sister or friend.
    This is a nightmare she will NEVER get over.
    .l............................
    Am I reading the same article that some of the posters read above? This was not a glowing report on the woman who was brutally attacked and gang raped. In fact, there are parts of it that are truly smarmy.

I do not agree with Lara's politics. But as a woman, I cannot imagine how different her life will be after such an experience. She will never be the same. Never.

Before anyone starts harping that this has become "her" story, think for a moment of the horror of what she went through. Honestly, I think I would have rather been killed than have to live with those memories.

You are no better than an extreme left liberal if you cannot have at least enough class and dignity to rise above politics in this situation and truly wrap your head around the horror of this woman's experience.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Poster No. 11 is spot on! The woman who wrote this is no "sister in arms" with Lara Logan or any other female without a left bent...
    The MSM made the Egyptians out to be heroic pro-democracy protestors.Surprise, surprise, one of their own who espoused this nonsense learned the true nature of these animals. (BTW, this is why the Israeli army doesn't send their women soldiers into combat.)

The circumstances of Logan's personal peril, however cursorily related, have been extraordinarily affecting because, like Logan, they occurred in a larger-than-life moment of history. But for women, the violent incident has a familiar and intimate resonance. Until this tragic attack, the "60 Minutes" correspondent came off as a wonder woman whose "intrepid hotness" paired with sassy self-confidence, brains and ambition made men notice her and women envy her. The day of her attack, Foster Kamer at Esquire asked her not unkindly, "Is CBS insured for this shit? Are you insane?" Her answer, with typical Logan confidence: "You know, I don't worry about things like that."
    I've been thinking about this a lot. It's too bad that as women have gained entry into male-created fields like journalism, we haven't had the creativity or courage to step back and say, "It's great for you boys to do it that way but we're doing it this way". Too often, professional women just mindlessly emulate the worse excesses of professional men.

It was both stupid and totally unnecessary for any journalist to be annoying people in the streets after they had been jazzed up by their Imams during services. There was nothing new to be learned with that kind of thing. There was no additional investigative reporting - it was just something that might have made a ratings-inducing 3 minute spot.

It's one thing for a journalist to report from the scene of an event in order to show viewers what is happening and to provide some local context, if necessary. It's something else to put yourself in extreme danger for ratings when there is absolutely nothing new that you can say about the event.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    bravado? What's the definition? bravado in the worst sense? Is there a fine line between bravado and stupid? I'm not inclined to think of journalists with the alphabet networks as brave or even possessing bravado. bravado. pretended courage when one is afraid. They don't have that much sense.

Rape is always the fault of the rapist.

Every american woman risks being raped every time she goes shopping alone at the average suburban mall. Should she not take the promotion to store manager because she might risk getting raped when she works late?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    she's stupid for going back. I don't blame her for being raped, but if she goes back and it happens again I'll put the blame on her for going back to a situation she already knows is dangerous and had one experience with

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Every american woman risks being raped every time she goes shopping alone at the average suburban mall. Should she not take the promotion to store manager because she might risk getting raped when she works late?
    The odds of an American woman being raped by a stranger are extremely low. It happens but it accounts for a really small percentage of rapes even taking into account home invasions.

The odds of an American woman being raped in the Middle East are much, much higher. Rape in that context is less about sexual fantasy and more about exerting power structures.

Your analogy falls short. The journalist in this instance wasn't uncovering anything new or valuable that would be "worth" this outcome. A woman working late in retail is absolutely doing something "worth" her time. Moreover, she runs less risk of sexual assault.

Women in general and infidel women in particular are always at risk for sexual assault in Muslim majority countries. The accounts of guest workers, missionaries, and pro-Muslim Western charity and outreach efforts are rife with tales of female sexual abuse. The Peace Corps has withdrawn from many of these areas specifically because their female staff are at such high risk.

Islam by it Koran doesn't seem to condemn rape as a crime if committed against an non believer .

You seem to forget it all depends on the neighborhood .The slums of Detroit (Most Of The City these days) are a prime place for an white woman to be raped especially at night.

Egypt in the middle of a revolution and just after a mosque dumps its load of insane anti western masses onto the streets is not a place for a Western female reporter to be gathering the emotions of the crowds.She knew they were half crazy and hated Americans by what happened to Cooper and the rest of those idiotic news anchors and yet she went anyway !

Her security team was totally incompetent or they were ignored by her to allow her to pull this stupid stunt .She should thank GOD for those Arab woman and solders who rescued her or she could have disappeared for good into the Arab third world background fleshpots .

I have little sympathy for her being raped as it was due to her arrogant stupidity and her disregard for her news crew safety,they could have just as well have killed the lot of them.A third world mindless mob, in a rage,has little to control it .For a Hated Westerner,especially a lowly woman, to confront it is madness .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Islam by it Koran doesn't seem to condemn rape as a crime if committed against an non believer .

You seem to forget it all depends on the neighborhood .The slums of Detroit (Most Of The City these days) are a prime place for an white woman to be raped especially at night.

Egypt in the middle of a revolution and just after a mosque dumps its load of insane anti western masses onto the streets is not a place for a Western female reporter to be gathering the emotions of the crowds.She knew they were half crazy and hated Americans by what happened to Cooper and the rest of those idiotic news anchors and yet she went anyway !

Her security team was totally incompetent or they were ignored by her to allow her to pull this stupid stunt .She should thank GOD for those Arab woman and solders who rescued her or she could have disappeared for good into the Arab third world background fleshpots .

I have little sympathy for her being raped as it was due to her arrogant stupidity and her disregard for her news crew safety,they could have just as well have killed the lot of them.A third world mindless mob, in a rage,has little to control it .For a Hated Westerner,especially a lowly woman, to confront it is madness .

1. I have never felt threatened by the possibility of being raped at any time on the streets of the city of Detroit, either by day or night.

2. The incident of rape in suburban mall parking lots is very high. Every self defence training I've ever been to discusses that as a high risk place for a woman alone.

3. In America, most sex crimes occur with the victim and the perp being of the same race. Probably one of the main reasons for point #1, but, still.

Regardless, yes, it is not safe for a woman to be in the midst of an uprising like that. I wouldn't be there, but it isn't my job to be there. It's still not her fault she got raped. That's like saying a woman gets raped here because she wears a revealing dress. Of course the reporter should be thanking God ( and probably is doing so) for the women and soldiers who got her out of there.

1. I have never felt threatened by the possibility of being raped at any time on the streets of the city of Detroit, either by day or night.

2. The incident of rape in suburban mall parking lots is very high. Every self defence training I've ever been to discusses that as a high risk place for a woman alone.

3. In America, most sex crimes occur with the victim and the perp being of the same race. Probably one of the main reasons for point #1, but, still.

Regardless, yes, it is not safe for a woman to be in the midst of an uprising like that. I wouldn't be there, but it isn't my job to be there. It's still not her fault she got raped. That's like saying a woman gets raped here because she wears a revealing dress. Of course the reporter should be thanking God ( and probably is doing so) for the women and soldiers who got her out of there.
    1:Perhaps you're not 'Rapeable 'material ?

2:It's quite easy to hide and wait for a woman to exit a market or any shop in a mall and wait for her to show up alone.All it takes is a little scouting in the store to pick out whom he would like to rape and stalk her.Once she opens her trunk or door all he need do is gag her and shove her inside the car.

3: obviously there's more black on black crime in Detroit given the black population density.

You seem not to fault her because she's female regardless of her lack of common sense or should I say lack of brains ? She is driven to succeed and rise to the top of the heap disregarding those obvious dangers to a feeble woman against that barbaric hoard, rape training or no !

The News networks are driven by these uprisings and shove reporters into danger spot disregarding obvious dangers but in this day and age.I suppose if they denied her the challenge she would cry sexual discrimination and sue them ?

Rape is never "okay" regardless of the godless or demonic culture in which it occurs.

High level stupidity is also never "okay" just because a high profile blonde woman does it.