Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Scott Walker giving it to State employee Union hacks 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    My home state of Wisconsin is finally taking it to the State employee Unions. As of the many states that have been in the red for the last 10 years, Walker got elected to sort out the budget. One month in he's laid out a plan that hampers the Union's hold on the state. Walkers plan calls for union works to pay 5.8% of their Pension, 12% of their health care costs and gets rid of their bargaining rights. They will have to pay their union dues out of pocket instead of having it deducted, their pay increases will be tied to inflation and will have to have a local referendum to increase their pay.

Walker is the first Governor to finally have the guts to stand up to the Unions that have controlled the state for the last 40+ years and to help reduce or eliminate a 3.6 BILLION dollar shortfall that it has projected for the next 3 years. The measures he's purposed will save the state 30 Million by July and 300 Million over the next 2.

Whats the kicker is that He is being compared to Mubarak, even though he has only been in office for 30 days, not 30 years, and hasn't done anything oppressive. It just shows the complete and utter lack of clarity by the liberal idiots that run the unions and are members of the unions. These so called "teachers" have been protesting outside the Capital Building in Madison for the last two days and going into a third today have shut down schools, 40% of Madison School district schools teachers called in "sick" yesterday and they had to close down the schools. Some "teachers" made use of their time and dragged their students with them to Madison to carry signs for them. As a parent I would be extremely pissed if my kids had been dragged without permission to this event. Thankfully the School districts have stated that anyone without a doctor's excuse will receive disciplinary action, Milwaukee schools have said the same and haven't backed down when the Milwaukee Teachers' Union leader came out and encouraged teachers to go to Madison. Honestly I hope there is a dramatic FIRING of teachers for leaving the students they supposedly care for to go protest, particularly the ones that took their students with them.

I hope that this measure provides the inspiration for other States to pull similar measures and help regain some sanity to the school systems and bring the power back to the tax PAYERS and not leave it in the hands of the tax Payees.

http://www.htrnews.com/article/20110...k-state-region
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...116301539.html

Malkin has a great 3 part story on this
    http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/16...ing-over-cuts/
    http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/16...ts-to-protest/
    http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/17...-a-second-day/

and this guy is a great read on it too
    http://www.timnerenz.com/2011/02/wis...r-part-ii.html

and a link to the video that the blogger mentions
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1582221884217
    Last edited by fettpett; 02-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.

The DUmmies are saying that Walker is the spark that will start a similar revolution here that was started in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    The DUmmies are saying that Walker is the spark that will start a similar revolution here that was started in Egypt.
    probably the same dummies that are at the rallies holding up the Walker=Mubarak signs, bunch of dumbasses

I wish Scott Walker lots of luck.

Hopefully, he has Gov Chris Cristie's (New Jersey) cellphone number so that they can talk things through. If people like Walker, Christie, and Daniels (Indiana) do not succeed now, we are in deep ka-ka.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I wish Scott Walker lots of luck.

Hopefully, he has Gov Chris Cristie's (New Jersey) cellphone number so that they can talk things through. If people like Walker, Christie, and Daniels (Indiana) do not succeed now, we are in deep ka-ka.
    yeah, I hope he's got their numbers on speed dial, Cristie's so his ideas on what to say and Daniel's so they can bounce ideas of each other as they are doing similar things with their education reforms

Banned
    We desperately need a Repub for President that has those cost cutting ideas. I hope he succeeds.

I worked for the state of LA which is non union. We paid 40% of our health care premiums and 7% into our retirement fund which I think is more than fair. Our retirement system invests in the market and makes 8 to 10% per year which is why we are on sound financial footing. I can not say that about the bloated Teachers retirement system which is in bad financial shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    More like the Reagan Revolution. A mass firing of teachers who are violating the law will be as popular as Reagan's firing of the Air Traffic Controllers. The media will wring its hands, of course, but the governor has a bully pulpit and doesn't seem afraid to use it. At a time when unemployment is at 10%, nobody is going to sympathize with spoiled union hacks refusing to do their jobs because they are being told to pay into their own pension and health care funds. The out-of-pocket rule for union dues is what really enrages the unions, as we've seen what happens when unions can't automatically take money from members in other places. Their political slush funds dry up, and their influence disappears.

This is a great development.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Every time a union screams, an Angel gets its wings...:D
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot