1. #1 Japan may send chatty humanoid tweet-bot to space 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    TOKYO (AP) -- Lonely astronauts on the International Space Station may soon be getting an android friend from Japan.....And for the folks back home, it will tweet.

Japan's space agency is considering putting a talking humanoid robot on the International Space Station to watch the mission while astronauts are asleep, monitor their health and stress levels and communicate to Earth through the microblogging site Twitter.Japan's space agency JAXA announced this week that it is looking at a plan to send a humanoid robot to the space station in 2013 that could communicate with the ground through Twitter -- primarily feeding photos, rather than original ideas --and provide astronauts with "comfort and companionship.".

."My question is just how far do these things go in providing "comfort and companionship."? Do they have the advanced capacity to really comfort and console ?

Following up on NASA's "Robonaut" R-2 program, which is set for launch on the Discovery shuttle next week, the Japanese android would be part of a larger effort to create and refine robots that can be used by the elderly, JAXA said in a statement.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Japan-....html?x=0&.v=1

I thought this was about Meghan McCain.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I thought this was about Meghan McCain.
    She sure acts like one !Although an astronaut stuck in space with her would open the hatch to space after a few days !
    Last edited by megimoo; 02-17-2011 at 04:00 PM.