1. #1 Wall Street Tumbles Amid Heightened Euro Zone Fears 
    After staging the strongest rally in two years, the markets were pummeled by worries over the escalating euro zone debt crisis, shoving the blue chips lower by more than 200 points in early trading.

As of 9:32 a.m. ET, the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbled 206 points, or 1.8%, to 11,040, the S&P 500 slid 20.4 points, or 1.7%, to 1,152 and the Nasdaq Composite dipped 61 points, or 2.5%, to 2,420.

The euro zone debt crisis, which had fallen into the background, once again took the spotlight on Tuesday morning.

French President Nicholas Sarkozy plans on holding an extraordinary meeting with the country's finance ministers and central bank, amid concerns the European nation may lose its pristine AAA credit rating, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal. There were also concerns over how much exposure European banks have to the sovereign debt of countries like Greece, which narrowly averted a default just a month ago.

French banks, such as BNP Paribas, Europe's largest lender by assets, came under intense selling pressure on the news. The euro extended losses from earlier in the session, recently skidding 1%.

Also on the European front, The European Central Bank unveiled plans to buy-up Spanish and Italian bonds earlier in the week, as fears in the credit markets have spread from relatively small economies like Greece to larger ones.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...ro-zone-fears/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    This is getting monotonous.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Dow down, gold, silver and oil up but I would not bet the farm that it would remain that way when the bell rings this evening. Every piece of itsy bitsy information throws the market in a tizzy. The market is too volatile for me.

Looks like the DOW is now down 400 points.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is getting monotonous.
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of paying attention.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Wow, hasn't been this volatile in a long time.

Banned
    Warren Buffett thinks happy days are here again. :eek:

You gotta have balls to be buying in this environment. However, if you are filthy rich and/or playing with OP money, not so much.