Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83
  1. #41  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    about 2,000 each in 7.62x39, .223, 9mm, 38spcl/357 should keep me covered for a while...:D
    Cool. Just make sure that you have interlocking fields of fire and good cover and concealment. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    If the SHTF there will still be a place to make money.

    On Black Wednesday, as it is call in the U.K., people lost billions.
    http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wednesday
    And George Soros made 1.1 billion.

    Soros read the markets, understood them, and had his bets placed well before the collapse of the British Pound. When he realized that he was right he began doubling and tripling his position. He has said that he is rich because he is quick to recognize when he is wrong, not because he is always right.

    I believe him.

    Believe it or not, money will always exist.
    John Paulson made 6 billion in gold profits last year in individuals investment of the yellow metal added to his large cut in his hedge fun. Soris is also heavily invested in gold.



    Many people have made a killing because they believed in what they invested in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,658
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    John Paulson made 6 billion in gold profits last year in individuals investment of the yellow metal added to his large cut in his hedge fun. Soris is also heavily invested in gold.



    Many people have made a killing because they believed in what they invested in.
    I should have listened to you and to Glenn Beck some time ago. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    ......Many people have made a killing because they believed in what they invested in.
    Sure.

    And even more fortunes have been lost by people held on too long. Just because you believe a thing does not make it so, and you have placed yourself in the position of having to be right. If you are not right, you cannot make money. You have no way of reversing your position if you are wrong.

    Soros and Paulson are indeed invested in gold. So am I. But we don't own gold.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Sure.

    And even more fortunes have been lost by people held on too long. Just because you believe a thing does not make it so, and you have placed yourself in the position of having to be right. If you are not right, you cannot make money. You have no way of reversing your position if you are wrong.

    Soros and Paulson are indeed invested in gold. So am I. But we don't own gold.

    You do not have a clue what my basis is. I iherited a nice size collection of gold and silver coins. So how could I lose money if I did not pay a nickel for his collection.

    If you do not want to invest in physical gold that is fine with me but your bullshit about losing money is getting old. You can lose money in any investment. I don't think I am going to make a killing in the coins that I purchased in the last two years, I know it. Further more, I don't short anything. Tell you what, I will put up my gains against yours in the last two years, Palladium ETF 120%, silver 120%, gold 55%.

    Here is the thing you DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I collect coins for the beauty of them, as a hobby, as a hedge/investment and I don't care if the metal market dips. I will just buy more if there is a 20 or 30% correction.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You do not have a clue what my basis is.
    Sure I do. You told us in your first post.
    I bought most of mine when it was around $16 per ounce. Hope the pundits are correct in their prediction that it will go up to fifty bucks this year.
    I hope it does go to fifty bucks. My purpose in posting in this thread is to discourage some young investor from using poor strategy, that's all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Sure I do. You told us in your first post.

    I hope it does go to fifty bucks. My purpose in posting in this thread is to discourage some young investor from using poor strategy, that's all.
    My basis would be half of what I indicated because of my inheritance. $8 is my actual basis for Silver.

    You seemed to be stuck on losing money. Sure, you can lose money in any type of investment including metals. Buffett's fund (BRK-A) lost half of it's value several years ago. It went from $150k to $80k and is now at $127k. If you bought at the top and panicked when it went down, you lost your ass. Every investor has bought stocks that were lemons. The trick is to buy more winners than losers. Buffett has done that but his purchases of late have not been too hot such as him buying at the top for GE. Chasing performance is not a good strategy. Silver is too high to purchase at this time. Wait for a pull back of 10% or more and buy. FYI, I can see and feel my gold and silver. What you have is paper or a promise that so much of that material is in that fund which may or may not be accurate.

    New investors should educate themselves. That's what I did and it is not that difficult. If you are too lazy or don't have the time, your chances of making money will be diminished. Also, if you are worried about losing money, don't invest cause you will surely dump the stock when it goes down in all probability at a loss.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #48  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Sure.

    And even more fortunes have been lost by people held on too long. Just because you believe a thing does not make it so, and you have placed yourself in the position of having to be right. If you are not right, you cannot make money. You have no way of reversing your position if you are wrong.

    Soros and Paulson are indeed invested in gold. So am I. But we don't own gold.
    Ever heard of selling? That's a gigantic hole in your argument.

    Also, I noticed that you mention Soros alot in your posts... You do realize that he's a total insider, right? He talks down the Euro while shorting the Euro and going long on other currencies... He talks down the pound while shorting the pound and going long on other currencies. He talks down the dollar while shorting the dollar and going long on other currencies. Ring around the rosies...

    He's a total piece of shit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #49  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Ever heard of selling? That's a gigantic hole in your argument.

    Also, I noticed that you mention Soros alot in your posts... You do realize that he's a total insider, right? He talks down the Euro while shorting the Euro and going long on other currencies... He talks down the pound while shorting the pound and going long on other currencies. He talks down the dollar while shorting the dollar and going long on other currencies. Ring around the rosies...

    He's a total piece of shit.
    You do not lose money if you do NOT sell. Most people lose money when they panic after buying close to or at the top and then selling. If the fundamentals are good and the entire metals market makes a correction, there is no reason to sell. On the other hand if a stock is going down and the rest of that sector is going up, you have a serious problem and dumping the stock may me an option. Any good investor will tell you, do not dwell on your losses. If you are diversified, it will not be such a big deal. Even billionaires like Buffet have lost their ass on bad investment stocks. Also, if you are afraid of losing money, you should put your money in safe things like M.M. savings accounts, TIPS, etc.

    The great news about silver is that it went up 22.5% in the first quarter (Jan-March) of this year. Woo Hoo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #50  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You do not lose money if you do NOT sell. Most people lose money when they panic after buying close to or at the top and then selling. If the fundamentals are good and the entire metals market makes a correction, there is no reason to sell. On the other hand if a stock is going down and the rest of that sector is going up, you have a serious problem and dumping the stock may me an option. Any good investor will tell you, do not dwell on your losses. If you are diversified, it will not be such a big deal. Even billionaires like Buffet have lost their ass on bad investment stocks. Also, if you are afraid of losing money, you should put your money in safe things like M.M. savings accounts, TIPS, etc.

    The great news about silver is that it went up 22.5% in the first quarter (Jan-March) of this year. Woo Hoo
    My point is that he's acting like we are stuck with gold and silver forever with no way out. I can unload gold and silver coins in less than one hour if necessary and have done so before.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •