Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fox and the Republicans are afraid of the grassroots! 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x442407

Windy (1000+ posts)
    Fox and the Republicans are afraid of the grassroots! That is what all this hatred is about!

They do not want to see the groundswell come out in 2012 that came out in 2008! Many people just took things for granted at the midterms and as is usually the case based on the historical record...they didn't show up at the polls. They are crying foul and stoking fears about a revolution to try and stop any organizational effort in 2012. All they are succeeding in doing is guaranteeing that the dems will again be in power with their actions!

We all need to support our teachers and public service workers and the right of all people to organize!!!!

The efforts need to be nationwide and not just in Wisconsin!
    If I'm not mistaken, the TEA Party is a true grassroots effort. And last I checked, the GOP was not afraid of the TEA Party as much as the dims are. And I for one would love to see a ground-swelling of them in the next election.

And last I checked, unions rep. only about 7% of all workers. So Dems are banking on winning with only 7% of the voters.

EC Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    1. Yeah, we are putting their little tea parties

to shame.
    Washington TEA Party Rally, some where around 2.5 Million people.
    Wisconsin Union Rally some where around 25,000
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x442407

If I'm not mistaken, the TEA Party is a true grassroots effort. And last I checked, the GOP was not afraid of the TEA Party as much as the dims are. And I for one would love to see a ground-swelling of them in the next election.

And last I checked, unions rep. only about 7% of all workers. So Dems are banking on winning with only 7% of the voters.

Washington TEA Party Rally, some where around 2.5 Million people.
    Wisconsin Union Rally some where around 25,000
    http://www.bootsandsabers.com/index....son_tea_party/

Let me add a few:

Yeah, we're familiar with grass roots movements.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    [Liberal Frame Of Mind] Well those are not true 'Grass-root Movements' as we didn't organize them...[/Liberal Frame Of Mind]
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

If I'm not mistaken, the TEA Party is a true grassroots effort.
    This article says not:

http://www.alan.com/2010/08/23/new-y...arty-movement/

The myth of the tea party being a grassroots movement takes another hit, as the New Yorker‘s Jane Mayer looks a the Koch brothers, Charles and David, who fund much of the tea party movement (via Glynnis MacNichol).

The Kochs operate oil refineries in Alaska, Texas, and Minnesota, and control some four thousand miles of pipeline. Koch Industries owns Brawny paper towels, Dixie cups, Georgia-Pacific lumber, Stainmaster carpet, and Lycra, among other products. Forbes ranks it as the second-largest private company in the country, after Cargill, and its consistent profitability has made David and Charles Koch—who, years ago, bought out two other brothers—among the richest men in America. Their combined fortune of thirty-five billion dollars is exceeded only by those of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This article says not:

The myth of the tea party being a grassroots movement takes another hit, as the New Yorker‘s Jane Mayer looks a the Koch brothers, Charles and David, who fund much of the tea party movement (via Glynnis MacNichol).

The Kochs operate oil refineries in Alaska, Texas, and Minnesota, and control some four thousand miles of pipeline. Koch Industries owns Brawny paper towels, Dixie cups, Georgia-Pacific lumber, Stainmaster carpet, and Lycra, among other products. Forbes ranks it as the second-largest private company in the country, after Cargill, and its consistent profitability has made David and Charles Koch—who, years ago, bought out two other brothers—among the richest men in America. Their combined fortune of thirty-five billion dollars is exceeded only by those of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.
    This has been argued down several times, look in Wei's archived posts.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

This article says not:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...doing-so-well/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    This article says not:

Must have missed the check they sent me.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Come on gang, it's only "Grassroots" if it is liberal ideology backed, organized, and funded by O Blah Blha's buddies from SEIU and the other brown shirts.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

These are the same libs who were routinely wetting their pants over the Tea Party movement, and continue to do so.
    Obama won in 2008 because he had charisma enough to build a cult of personality around himself that got him into the White House. That cult has been crumbling every day since he started his term, and the Tea Party movement has been growing. I can pretty well guarantee a "Groundswelling" of Tea Party growth in the next couple years to sweep Obama out of power.
    Republicans/ Fox News aren't scared at all of the lib gatherings (I'll refrain from calling them "Grassroots," since they are dominated by bused- in union thugs, Soros- funded "Professional activists," and mass- produced signs handed out to protestors upon their arrival, none of which are hallmarks of true grassroots movements), other than occasionally being concerned for the public safety when the lib demonstrations inevitably get violent and/ or turn into a riot.