Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why do you live here, really. Move to fucking Cuba already. Oh, and name me one poor union boss.
    They would not take him. He is of no value and a waste of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Americans love the idea of cutting the wages, benefits, and bargaining power of working and middle-class public employees while believing that letting tax cuts on wealthy people (the only group doing consistently well throughout this economic crisis) expire is morally wrong.

lol working Americans so eagerly adopting the values and positions of those with the most oppressive power.
    The stupidity is strong with this one. You really need an economics class.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Get ready for the new line of defense...

They make 25% less than people in the private sector...of course they only work 75% of the year too, but you won't hear that brought up....
    What kills me is their pension plan. Generally they don't contribute. A friend of my sister taught for less years than I worked in corporate America. All the time that I worked, I contributed to my own retirement plan, first an old fashioned thrift plan, then a 401k. She contributed nothing to her plan, yet retired at 55 with about $55-60k a year. She double dipped and taught elsewhere. It's fine that she has a good retirement, but hate to think it's on the taxpayers back. They should contribute some of their earnings, just like the rest of us.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I know judges in Illinois that have pensions equal to 90% of their salary when they retired. These were elected positions, in which they ran for judge, just to get the pension benefits..

At least one that I know decided to retire just two months after re-election. He was a republican. The election locked in a pay raise for him...
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 02-19-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I know judges in Illinois that have pensions equal to 90% of their salary when they retired. These were elected positions, in which they ran for judge, just to get the pension benefits..

At least one that I know decided to retire just two months after re-election. He was a republican. The election locked in a pay raise for him...
    and he should have had it stripped from him

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Scratch liberal, find a union shill.

Wa Po
    WaPo lies again. Obama didn't "join" the battle. He created it. This entire "protest" is Obama astroturf. It was entirely put together by Organizing for America, Barack Obama's personal army of union thugs. Gotta do something with all that leftover campaign cash, I guess.

OFA bussed in these "protesters" to Madison. This was an Obama operation from the get-go.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.